Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

manbehindcomputer
Journeyman III

5700XT: HDMI not recognizing any display

Hello,

I'm having an odd issue with my 5700XT

The HDMI output isn't working, I've tried it with various 1080p and 1680x1050 monitor and various cables with no luck.
I'm not getting an image from the HDMI port during the bios either.

Windows 10 reports that the HDMI port isn't connected to any display.

Odd thing is that the monitors and HDMI cables will work with my RX 580
And the HDMI cables will work on the 5700XT with a Display port to HDMI active adapter.

I want the HDMI output working for a four monitor eyefinity setup, as silly as that may sound.

Does the 5700XT's HDMI port require a 18gbps HDMI cable even when I use it with 1080p displays perhaps?
Or is my card's HDMI port defective?

really appreciate any feedback on this.

0 Likes
4 Replies
zagadka
Journeyman III

No help I'm afraid but I have the same issue. Display ports all work fine even with passive adaptors but nothing plugged into HDMI, most importantly my Rift, shows as connected at all.

0 Likes
sanderlinde
Journeyman III

Pulling the plug for my monitor and pc for a minute and then rebooting worked for me.

0 Likes
semperwhy
Adept I

I had this issue briefly when I first installed my 5700XT. I ended up shutting down the computer, swapping to a different HDMI cable and booting up. Windows detected the HDMI connected monitor, but locked the resolution at 640x480. Which is almost as bad as your situation.

The two DP connection are running DP->HDMI adapters and seem to be working fine.

0 Likes

Guys, did you find a solution? I also get absolutely no signal from my 5700XT HDMI. All 3 display ports works as they are supossed to work. Tried several cables HDMI.. Somehow I find it hard to believe that they manufactured and sell a lot of 5700XT cards with faulty HDMI slots..Any workaround before trying RMA? I need my gpu in these quaranteene days. Thanks

0 Likes