Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

eqyliq
Journeyman III

5700XT flickering when freesync is turned on

Hi guys,

I've recently swithched to a new monitor (Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q to a MSI Optix MPG341CQR) and the display will start flickering noticeably when a game dips below ~80fps, and even if the framerate goes back up it will keep flickering.

This only happens when freesync is turned on. The only solution to stop the flickering is to turn freesync off. Very easy to reproduce using the pendolum demo with fps = 70.

Here are a few more info:

• AMD reference 5700XT, running a clean install (via DDU) of Adrenalin 20.5.1. Happened on previous drivers too.
  • The gpu has been tested with an old monitor,  (LG 24MK430H) connected via HDMI, no flickering. The previous Gigabyte Aorus FI27Q (flickering, via DP), and today it happened againg with my fresh MSI Optix MPG341CQR, flickering again via DP. The flickering happens via HDMI too.

Tried every option in the Optix OSD with no avail.

Is there any solution? No blackscreens/bsods either, only the flickering

Full specs;

- Windows 10 updated to the latest version

- R5 1600

- Msi B450 tomahawk

- 4x8 gskill trident Z

- Corsair rm1000x

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
mikehcl
Adept II

Hi, I have the same monitor as you, but my video card is an nvidia 2080Ti. I solved it like this: Set 120Hz from windows and then you have to check "disable full screen optimization", enter the game executable, select properties and compatibility, then check disable full screen optimization. Now my games work perfectly with Freesync active and G-sync activated from the nvidia panel.