cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jprussjr
Journeyman III

5700XT Drivers and Custom Fan Speed

Whenever you choose custom fan speed it causes computer to freeze. Can only use default fan speed. Causes games to crash and also causes computer to freeze. When this happens get error message Default Radeon Settings have been set. Please fix this, the past 4 updates have caused this and prior to these last updates no issues at all. Get garbage FPS gaming on default settings and great FPS when increase fan speeds. Only change fan speeds to increase GPU Cooling only and no other changes. 

0 Likes
8 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

Maybe try running the program called DDU .. remove all traces of past/present AMD drivers .. reboot .. and THEN install latest drivers from AMD.com

also

Make sure you are running the latest chipset drivers for your platform

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

Make sure you are running separate power cables from your power supply to each power input on your  GPU

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

So what you are saying as I stated before, this is not an AMD driver issue? I have a 1200 watt corsair psu, ASUS X570, AMD 5900X, Corsair 32gig 4000 memory and yet as I stated worked great until the last more recent drivers issued by AMD. Also running Windows 11 always run updates. And yet I need 3rd party software to controll my 5700xt Tiatchi?

0 Likes

I believe I will be switching to NVIDIA because AMD just cannot keep the drivers functioning thier devices correctly.

0 Likes

If you switch to Nvidia .. be sure to run the program called "DDU" to remove all past and present drivers .. turn of PC .. and then install your new whatever GPU .. Maybe just do a quick "Google" as to what "DDU" is .. it doesn't control anything. It's the Go-To program to use for any flavor of GPU ..Nvidia, AMD, Intel .. to remove ALL traces of past present drivers so  you have a clean slate from which to install from. Past driver "residue" can cause issues with any color (Red, Green, Blue) of GPU

Your PC .. do whatever  you want with it. You ask for help, people give you suggestions .. doesn't matter what parts you are running .. you'll get the same/similar suggestions. IF you don't want to try stuff to potentially fix your issues , then don't , lol

I do the same stuff that I suggest and I have no issues with my setups so only going by my personal experiences:

ASRock 5700XT Phantom Gaming D

MSI 6700xt Mech 2X OC

Gigabyte 6800 Gaming OC

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I have always used the AMD Cleanup tool to erase all previous AMD drivers and software, especially when new drivers are released. I also tell it to reset during install of new drivers that is why I questioned your thought about DDU and the use of 3rd party software.

0 Likes

The few times I've had what I thought where driver "overlap" related issues .. I've always used DDU and it did the trick.

I've had issues with the "Clean" install feature in the past and I don't know that I've ever used AMD's cleanup tool to  be honest .. it might work just fine, I've just never personally compared the two but rather just use what I know works for cleanup of AMD or Nvidia GPU drivers

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
jprussjr
Journeyman III

AMD fixed it with the last two driver updates.

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Good to hear the problem is gone. Let us know if it resurfaces or you have other issues.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes