cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rowan88
Journeyman III

5700XT Driver Timeout (Replacement Info)

Hi,

I purchased a Gigabyte 5700XT in Nov 20 and it has been working fine until now. I keep getting driver timeout errors which cause my PC to glitch.

I searched the forum and tried everything I could find from clean reinstalls, running without AMD software, auto undervolt etc.

If someone knows a concrete way to fix this issue please let me know,

If not then what is AMD like in terms of return policy? Do I get a like for like or a refund as I seem to be losing faith in the whole 5700XT market (and AMD unfortunatley )

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies

Gigabyte would handle repair/replacement, check their website on warranty.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Ok,

I tried the following:

- Fresh driver clean up and install

- Auto under volting the card

- Custom fan curves

- Enabling ioapic 24-119 entries (or in MSI B450 case I assume its called "Above 4G Memory/Crypto Mining Currency")

- Making sure power options were set to "High Performance"

- Windows Verification File Check & Repair

- Updating chipset drivers

- Disabling Freesync and the extras (AntiLag, Chill, Boost)

The only thing I haven't done yet which was my last resort was a fresh windows install which I will try tomorrow,

If this doesn't work I assume the card must be faulty?

Does anyone have anything else I should try before contacting GIGABYTE about a replacement (preferably a NVIDIA card replacement)

So the only thing I really haven't tried was

0 Likes

I also found a way to make the error appear. If I open AMD Catalyst and drag the corner of the window back and forward you see it sort of glitch/jump then eventually it gives the Driver Timeout error. When it first comes back the desktop seems glitchy and slow. (SEE VIDEO BELOW)

https://vimeo.com/575870401

Now that I have a way to making the error appear I tried testing the following stuff for hardware issues:

1) Reseating the GPU - still gave error
2) Removing PCIe extension cables - still gave error
3) It was originally using both PCIe cables going to PSU so I only tried using one with the tail attached - still gave same error

Does anyone have any ideas or stuff I can try??

0 Likes

I have now sent this back RMA to Gigabyte to repair or replace, if they cannot then it will just be getting refunded through Currys.

I now see why the "AMD Drivers Meme" is so popular, after many years using them I think this has broke it off for me.

NVIDIA next.

0 Likes