Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tromdar
Journeyman III

5700XT don't support directx 9

Good day!

Having problems with my 5700xt.

Every time i'm trying to play any game that works only on directx 9 i have game crash or even reboot.

For example im trying to play Lost Ark Online on russian server,and every time i'm moving to next location i got game crash.Localization company(Mail.ru) keep silence, so i believe i must write about this problem here.

Also a lot of users who got 5700 series can't play properly in Aion and other games, that supports only dx9.

My spec:

Amd Ryzen 3700x

Amd Radeon 5700xt Aorus Gigabyte

MSI X570-A PRO

16X2 Gb DDR4-3000MHz Crucial Ballistix

960 Gb Samsung 860 QVO

Zallman GV700-GVM

18 Replies
idnhant
Journeyman III

same issue 5700xt

same issue rx 5700 xt

xenobyte
Journeyman III

Same here, sapphire rx 5700 xt, windows 10. Lost Ark Online crushes during location change load. After that game starts on the new location.

akigis
Adept I

Not the same issue, but my FPS very unstable  And GPU not loading above 33 percent. Please help!

Driver version - 19.10.2.

UPD: And now the crashes when moving to locations

My system:
AMD Ryzen 3600
Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT PULSE
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16gb 3200
SSD Samsung Evo 970 PLUS

Video:

I have the same problem with my rx 5700 xt ,even everything on low settings the game runs the same , with this annoying spikes my gpu works on above 80%-90% even hitting 98 99 UTIL

virsnow
Journeyman III

Same problem in Lost Ark with asrock rx 5700 xt chalenger oc, i dont crash but have same problem as people above, low fps and low load on gpu. Its annoing like hell.

ista1994
Journeyman III

You can fix ur FPS and Crashes in Lost Ark with download Directx 9 and putting the dll in the LOST ARK Binary (GamesMailRu\LOSTARK\Binaries\Win64)

0 Likes

I got the same Problem about low FPS with brandnew Shappire RX 5700 Nitro+ Special Edition during playing StarCraft 2 with low FPS... I wait when AMD can resolve the Problem about DirectX 9.0 with old games… that so weird… 

0 Likes
wasd
Adept I

Hello everyone,

I had the same issue however; I found a solution after searching in google found this:

Release Version 0.30 - Froglet · Joshua-Ashton/d9vk · GitHub 

1- There is file called "d9vk-0.30.tar" download it

2- Extract the file (I'm using 7-zip to extract the file) and you will get d9vk-0.30 folder

3- Inside folder there is "d9vk-0.30.tar" extract it again

4- Go to the extracted folder "d9vk-0.30" then go x64 file, you will see 6 files .dll which is all directx versions AND VULKAN!

5- Copy all 6 files and go to the to the lost ark game folder should be like this by default: C:\GamesMailRu\LOSTARK\Binaries\Win64 (unless you put it into different path) then paste files there

and that's it open the game

in my case my fps was 60~80 with dx9 and annoying stuttering in game, after I put the files in game you will noticed that the game will use VULKAN instead of dx9 (you can see that by using msi afterburn) and I got 160 ~ 200 fps and the stuttering issue is gone, I'm surprised that the game support vulkan and its amazing.

I highly recommend to use radeon image Sharpening in radeon software to get better graphics in game, it make the game looks way better and more beauty (you can increase or decrease the image sharpening if you are using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition (I got 19.12.3 version).

I hope it solve this issue for everyone

I noticed there is new version for d9vk in website but honestly didn't try it yet, you can try it and see how it goes, and there is 1 issue which when you quit the game, you will need to close it by using task manager, I don't know why the game doesn't close it self but doesn't matter as long as we can play the game.

0 Likes

Hi wasd! In which game did you do that?

I'm having the same issue with the witcher enhanced edition, it runs between 50/70 fps with lots of frame drops and stuttering.

But when i placed the contents of that folder and tried to run it in vulkan it crashed.

The game starts but only the menu, when loading a save it crashes

0 Likes

I did it on game called Lost Ark, its a MMORPG game

fedexh
Journeyman III

You can add "test drive unlimited 2" to that list of older DX9 games that doesnt work with AMD.

Same problem, crash on start up.

0 Likes
crazydevilcat
Journeyman III

League of Legends 9 directx always have fps drops in fights and friezes! I did not have such problems on the previous video card  GTX 1060 on the same settings, thanks amd! Pure windows, tested all versions of drivers, the game is installed on ssd.
The funny thing is I didn’t have such wild lags even on the GTX 650TI which was before the GTX 1060 ! 
Same problem in Lost Ark...

0 Likes
maxie
Adept I

Guild Wars 2 has the same problem.
Stuttering, low fps, frezzes  if a Radeon rx 5700xt is used

0 Likes

There you go: Releases · megai2/d912pxy · GitHub 

It will make the game that use directX 9 use directX 12 instead which it should improve performance and stability depends on your PC SPECS !

for the installation guide you can check out here: Installing · megai2/d912pxy Wiki · GitHub 

I didn't try it in guild wars 2 but he already made it to support game called blade and soul which is the game I was playing it all the time.

in short answer, if this mod d912pxy wasn't exists, I would be pissed off and throw my red devil RX 5700 XT to the trash, because the game it stutter A LOT and low fps on using directX 9, I'm really happy that guy(megai2) who create this mod support blade and soul, even though the game POORLY OPTIMIZED because it only use ONE SINGLE CORE OF THE CPU!

The main problem of AMD GPU 5000 series is the old online games like (blade and soul, guild wars 2, lost ark....etc) that use directX 9 having drop FPS and stuttering, they really really need to fix it.

Hope it helps you in GW2

0 Likes
blitz
Adept II

Same problem

rx 5700 ex x gamer
9900k @5ghz 
16gb 3200
gold 850w power supply

0 Likes
maxie
Adept I

Yes d912pxy works, but there are graphics problems Blue textures and long Loading Times, and some Overlays do not work, such as Overwolf.
I am now waiting 9 months for a working driver for radeon 5700xt. unfortunately nothing to this day
I hope that AMD will bring out a fix soon

0 Likes
maxie
Adept I

Yes New Radeon driver is out but still the same problem
Will AMD ever fix the problem?
Stuttering micro frezzes

0 Likes