Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

rhygar666
Adept I

Re: 5700xt Crashing

Jump to solution

i noticed 2 things, if i turn off enhanced sync and vsr it doesnt happen and if i dont play with fan settings (doesnt matter if its wattmann or afterburner), if i do either it gets a black screen and kingdom come doesnt delieverance doesnt even start, if i dont then i can play 2 hours, played gothic 2 fully modded for 3 hours, but it gets warm so i hope they fix that at least the fan error so i can manually adjust it.

0 Likes
nberg4312
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues and tried the same solutions as everyone else in this thread. My xfx 5700xt display crashes shortly after running a game.

I decided to let it sit for a while to see what it would do (i could still listen to spotify).  After 5-10 minutes, maybe less, the gpu fan suddenly went full blast, not the gradual climb of the curve.

Additionally, through having overlays on and performance monitoring, I can get the drivers to partially crash? Radeon overlays and radeon settings stop working and open with major graphical errors. In this state games won't run but I can use windows.

Hopefully someone who better understands this might be able to use that information

0 Likes
m1adam
Adept II

Jump to solution

id recommend you just be patient till amd fixes it, i rma my first card tought it was defective , this second card is also behaving similar its purely driver issue amd will get it fix just needs time

matheww22345
Adept I

Jump to solution

I Have this same problem Driver Crash also most of game Suttering Clock gpu flaying like a crazy  i dont know what is going on but on the vega i dont have problem we need a new driver just fix this 

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

Jump to solution

Having the same issue.

What I have noticed is the sensor data from the RX 5700 XT is missing. Neither Global Wattman or MSI Afterburner can see it. Because it can't tell how hot the GPU is it's not ramping up the fan like it should.

Sometimes Wattman and Afterburner show no sensor data at all, or if they do it's not right or lags.

Eventually the GPU overheats and then crashes.

I noticed on a clean windows install it was ok, but somewhere along the line after reinstalling software the sensor data breaks and stops showing properly or lags. And the crashes start again.

0 Likes
signex
Adept II

Jump to solution

I'm getting lots of tho's Event Viewer errors about PCI-E. I already put it on for RMA, but i think i might just wait it out for drivers.

What i did to fix the crashes in the meantime is undervolting and setting powerlimit to -30%. It doesn't clock much lower then default settings.

This is with the RX 5700, not the XT.

0 Likes
oscarchan
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I think win10 1903 ver is the reason of  5700/XT crashing. I have the same problem but it can run in win10 1809(RYZEN 3600+5700XT). AMD should update the driver.

0 Likes
signex
Adept II

Jump to solution

Running my games in borderless window fixes it for now for me.

0 Likes
signex
Adept II

Jump to solution

Sensors work for me, same with Afterburner. But the temp reading on Wattman seems unlikely to be accurate as it reads max 68c with an OC of 1800mhz and a aggressive fancurve.

GPU Pwr went from 153W on stock to 131W when the card is on full load running for an hour or so in BF4 with the OC.

signex
Adept II

Jump to solution

Try running the game in borderless/windowed this fixed the game crashes on startup for me. Look up on google where to find the game's config file.

0 Likes