Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: 5700xt Crashing

Jump to solution

For me at least 19.7.4 lets me play older games like for instance the ones I am playing now Dragon Age Orgins, Supreme Commader Forged alliance.

19.7.4 All my games worked for a few days and I played several hours fine.

19.7.5 Back to pre 19.7.4 error: Failed to detect a supported video card.

And thanks AMD for not letting me roll back the driver even uninstalling ! 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

You should be able to complete removed the new version and roll back to the old 19.7.4.

1. Run DDU which can be downloaded from this link Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download 

2. remove network cable or disable your network(wifi) if there is no cable to remove...

3. After reboot, you can install a fresh 19.7.4

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

I have had 0 issues with my Gigabyte Aorus Master x570 and my 50th Ann 5700XT, since I installed 19.7.2, and this is with every bios issued from AGESA 1003 to current AGESA 1003ABB (No problems with 1003AB, either.)  Boot from my NVMe drive--no problems.  Most of the posts seem to indicate motherboard problems as opposed to GPU problems.  Fan-curve changes inside Wattman cause me no problems at all--but I prefer the stock fan profile because it's 98% audibly invisible--the GPU was manufactured to run forever under those conditions, and it's also warranted by AMD to run under those conditions without a problem.  Some people want to second-guess the engineers who designed these GPUs, of course, that always happens with new GPUs....Smiley Wink  They are said to be "Too hot, too loud, or too...whatever."  Yawn.  It runs at the temps it was designed to handle with ease, hardly makes a sound, and so far hasn't crashed in a single game I own.  Heaven bench--no problem--Valley--no problem--Superposition--no problem.  Windows 10, v1903, build 18362.10012.  So... I'm content with everything running at stock--no problems thus far!  Hope you guys get your problems ironed out! 

Hardware:

AMD 50th Anniversary 5700XT
Aorus Master x570 UEFI bios F5l
Corsair HX-850 PSU (72a x1 12v rail)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600X @ 3.8Ghz default clock, 4.4+GHz boost
RAM 16GB 2x8GB, Patriot Viper Elite PV416G320C6K @3200mhz 16 16 16 36 1T
LG MultiDrive DVD writer SATA
Boot: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 250GB (UEFI boot partition)
2x 1TB WD Blue 7200 rpm
ST2000DM SATA III 2TB
ST4000DM004 S3 4TB
AoC U3277PWQU 3840x2160 monitor

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Jump to solution

Few more weeks in - I moved the NVMe m2 to slot 2, and I have changed the original ram kit to a Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600 cl16 - Ram great for a few weeks. Then the system did hit 1x PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA BSOD right as I submitted my pw to login, relog and it went away. That day I updated to 1.0.0.3ABB beta build for my X570 Gaming Pro Carbon AMD havnt had an issue for another week - Adrenalin 19.8.2 (havnt updated to latest yet)

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I spent a year rebuilding my computer and reinstalling software. My son's machine, that I built for him, around a Ryzen 7 1700 with an RX480 video card and 16gigs of memory NEVER crashed playing FarCry 5 or similar games. After I rebuilt my machine it had a Ryzen 7 2700x processor and an RX580 graphics card.

I installed MSI Afterburner and it made my computer sound like a 747 preparing for take off, but I could play for a good solid half hour before my first crash. I would have to save after making ANY progress.

I stumbled across the solution to my problem this week. In Windows settings, power, mine was set to "Balanced". I changed it to "High Performance" and it hasn't crashed once in days.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

So I just bought an rx 5700xt from micro center runs games great...until it crashes my junction temp  is very very hot. When it reaches on the bar as I watch the max temp my game crashes 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

In case you have at least some airflow through the case, it may pointing to not enough contact pressure between gpu and cooler. I had similar issue with MSI Gaming X - it had to be silent and running cold, but it was like a jet plane and gpu junction was hitting 110°C. Was running with no flaw after fixed in RMA, but they have broken fans shroud in the process and lost connector plugs (great job MSI service partner), so I got my money back in the end.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi, I have succeeded by deleting the amdxn64.dll file. I couldn't play videos without the system crashing. The Klite player showed me a message that that file was causing problems. I deleted it and the matter was solved. I hope it works for you!

0 Kudos