Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

scarceloot
Adept III

Re: 5700xt Crashing

Jump to solution

I’ve only been running in windowed boarderless. Full screen has a heart attack when alt tabbing.. unfortunately also got the apex crash in this mode, however it should be noted it was an application crash not a system crash.

0 Likes
signex
Adept II

Jump to solution

Mine is DirectX/DXGI related, not sure what OpenGL/Vulkan does though in Fullscreen.

0 Likes
rx5700xtowner
Adept I

Jump to solution

New driver available!  19.7.2.   Just use "check for updates" in Radeon Settings

signex
Adept II

Jump to solution

The release notes don't mention anything about crash fixes though.

kpkimmel
Adept I

Jump to solution

It crashed my entire system

0 Likes
scarceloot
Adept III

Jump to solution

oh boy - I got mine installed :/ maybe try the "clean install" method?

0 Likes
rx5700xtowner
Adept I

Jump to solution

Tried the same games I've been playing.  No crashes, however this isn't a change since reinstalling windows and installing the driver without changing any settings has worked for me thus far.   During gaming, I will note that every now and then under heavy load I'll get a black flicker.  Seems to occur when theres a significant ramp up in fan speed.  Also of note, just changing fan speed in MSI afterburner causes black flickering.  

0 Likes
scarceloot
Adept III

Jump to solution

The new driver made stardew valley and sims 4 unable to start. It literally says the currently installed GPU is unable to play the game. I am rolling back - Dont install!!

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

Jump to solution

Works fine here, no major issues and much more stable.

One thing I did notice was I had to set my games refresh rate to auto, previously on F1 2019 I had it set to 75hz and when I did that it crashed immediately upon trying to load the actual race screen.

I did a complete uninstall using DDU too before installing 19.7.2.

0 Likes
hoggle
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Same for me :/ GPU, Powercolor Radeon RX 5700 Radeon software 19.7.2 Motherboard, Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming, CPU Ryzen R5 2600, RAM, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHZ PSU, Corsair SF600, all stock (no OC) and latest win 10 updates. Games, Diablo II LOD flickers in menu, Heaven 4.0 and Superposition 1.1 bm random crash Diablo III Reaper of souls random crash, BM Arkham asylum and Arkham city crashed 3 times, win explorer random crash. But I can play Batman Arkham knight with no issues

0 Likes