Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

apestkung
Journeyman III

Re: 5700xt Crashing

Jump to solution

5700xt crash when adjust fan speed in afterburner or amd adrenalin software and debug code show 08

If I DO NOT modify and setting. The System has not crashed and black screen.

Does anyone else have this problem?

My spec

Ryzen 7 2700x

Crosshair VII Hero Bios 2304

Ram 32GB

PSU 750w

Windows 10 1903

All Lasted Driver

0 Likes
scarceloot
Adept III

Jump to solution

Dang I hope not - played a number of games last still no issues.

For you, did you install this (1st listed driver) Asrock chipset driver

OR 

AMDs B450 chipset driver + AMDs 5700xt drivers 

For me, I accidentally installed this MSI X570 Gaming Pro Carbon chipset driver

Instead of this AMD X570 chipset driver

Be sure to run system file checker in CMD as admin: SFC /scannow

AS well as the online repair: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

0 Likes
redcisco
Adept II

Jump to solution

Built an AMD 3900x system on Sunday when released with an Asrock X570 MB. I used my RX 590 with no issues the past 4 days on this system. I ordered the 50th anniversary 5700XT on 7-7-19. Last night I received the 5700XT and installed. The crashes started right away. I had to enter safe mode and uninstall all AMD graphics drivers(latest Adrenalin).  All processor and chipset driver updates have been re-installed after i did a clean install of Windows 10. Still had driver issues. When in safe mode the 5700XT displays but upon reboot it automatically crashes.

I re-installed my RX590 and there are no issues and no crashes. The rest of the system runs great.

I am sure a driver update is on the way but really wanted to see what this new system could do!

If anyone has any work-arounds I am open to suggestions:)

System:

Ryzen 3900X

Asrock X570 Taichi

5700XT anniversary edition

1TB gigabyte M.2

EVGA 750 G3 PS

Windows 10 64bit edition

0 Likes
m1adam
Adept II

Jump to solution

yup a simple fan curve adjustment will cause crashing looks like amd wants our 5700xt to run itself hot to oblivion

0 Likes
rx5700xtowner
Adept I

Jump to solution

Second followup:   I decided to wait and see if it'd crash before I started changing settings.   Just want to say I've been able to game extensively since doing a fresh windows install and fresh driver install.  Played 7D2D all night last night (5120x1440 with all settings set to ON or High), no issues!   Again, no settings within the driver have been changed from default whatsoever post-install, and my monitor's freesync feature is set to off (in case it matters).

0 Likes
redcisco
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thanks scarceloot, I went back and installed all drivers from AMD instead of Asrock and it improved.

I have the card running much better and here are a couple of tweeks. 

I updated the Asrock X570 bios to the latest version and I started to have DDR4 memory issues, so I went back to an earlier version of bios 1.1 and this fixed my memory and was more stable.

Next, I watched a video and noticed they have my same board Our FIRST Ryzen 3900X / RX 5700 XT Gaming PC Build! - YouTube - in this video he had to set the -PCIx16 bus- back to GEN3 instead of the new X570 GEN4 and this fixed my windows shut down issues and now my 5700XT will post and run!

Lastly I was getting a hardware issue Error #132 while playing games after I downloaded the latest Radeon Adrenaline drivers.

To fix this I did the following:

- in windows 10 device manager select Display adapters

- then right click on AMD Radeon RX 5700XT 

- next select Update driver, my screen flashed then said driver installed successfully

- I no longer have this error in Warcraft and Fallout

On another note:

I cannot get MSI Afterburner to work, it was shutting down with the smallest tweeks and it will not read temps.

I played for 2 hours this morning and my card was hot but did not seem unreasable. Also, I had very minor issues and it did not seem to throttle. 

Anyone have a GPU software suggestion so I can monitor my 5700XT temps while playing?

0 Likes
scarceloot
Adept III

Jump to solution

Glad it help.. Unfortunately now I am having issues with the gpu black screening. Not entire sure what is up with that (sound still works).

As for monitoring, I am using TechPowerUp GPU-Z (sensors tab) to monitor the GPU/CPU/Memory Temps. You can also open Radeon Settings > Gaming > Global Setttings > Global Wattman and it will start to graph for you

0 Likes
scarceloot
Adept III

Jump to solution

I black screened (video card stopped displaying but had in-game sound) then the system restarted. I decided to reseat the GPU. This time I noticed a second audible clicking noise (the 2nd tooth of the clasp?) as I seated the GPU, Im wondering if my issues were a culmination of things. Just played a few rounds of Apex which was crashing mid game, seems more stable so I suggest trying the same.

Edit: Apex game crashed and received an error for Apex legends 0X887A0006 - DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. I found a few posts eluding to nvidia drivers needing to be updated to fix the issue.. so looks like we need amd drivers

0 Likes
m1adam
Adept II

Jump to solution

nah drivers is crap causing black screen

0 Likes
scarceloot
Adept III

Jump to solution

Maybe its wishful thinking, I'm considering RMAing it before I lose my chance and getting a 2070s if this persists :/

0 Likes