cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lihfts
Journeyman III

5700xt crash everytime when I try to play AC Odyssey DLC

SoI 'have just start the fate of atlantis. My game crash, after the loading screen that I got as I enter the first simulation (Part 1. Elysium). I did not get any error message, the game just close itself. I did reinstall my VGA drivers, set everything default, uninstall every other software such as MSI afterburner. Nothing helped. Is there anybody facing the same problem? Is there any solutions?

Its only when trying to enter Elysium. And more specifically all that using RX5700XT/RX5700. Right after the first cutscene after the dog and some women and stone soldier...

anyone have the same issue? I know this annoy thing about 2 month ago, after the 1.5 game patch and radeon 19.9.1 driver I still can't play the game. And people in steam community said  only episode 1 crash not 2 or 3.

But I only have one 5700xt graphic card.So I can't test it 

So I come here for help.

55 Replies
mretnie
Adept II

19.11.2 still not working.

0 Likes
xarteer
Adept I

So for the people who got worried like me at the emails sent by the ubisoft team because they still hope to play the dlc this was posted by Ubi-Swaggins

Hey folks,

Sorry for the delay in catching this.

I believe there has been some miscommunication on this topic. The response that @Pluto_V received on his support ticket does state that the game is now outside of its life-cycle and will no longer receive any further post-launch support.

This is outlined in this post, that being said, the team is still investigating certain issues that are still ongoing, like this one.

As this is a case of miscommunication I have edited the initial post to remove the Support teams' answer.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

''this post'' redirects to the last update of the game where ubisoft annouced 1.5.1, but he assures that the team is still looking into it and that it will be fixed, so at this point i doubt this is something that amd can do something about and i assume this is on ubisofts part.

naru
Journeyman III

19.12.1 still not working.

mretnie
Adept II

Aaaaand. Still there with the new Adrenalin 2020 drivers suite (19.12.2).

0 Likes
micbahne
Journeyman III

I got a RX 5700 XT this week, first on driver 19.12.3 i couldnt get into wildlands, switching to 19.9.2 helped this issue. But latest driver and 19.9.2 Odyssey is crashing to black screen, but it's "no signal" black screen, i can play for about 30mins in vanilla content im level 4. The music from the game continues, the computer is running.. i have a third screen on a usb gfx and i cannot get my mouse onto that screen by alt-tabbing or any other way. It's like the computer is caught in a loop unresponsive and the gfx card was unplugged or something... 

0 Likes

I have a solution. I bought a RTX 2070 S. It works perfect now.

0 Likes

Hi hi hi. That is a solution, but I'm not willing to go this route.

0 Likes

I have rolles back to amd 19.7.3 and custom i ed fan control to be more aggressive. I think it might have be ome too hot and simply shut off, spot temp was 85 with odyssey in the background and browsing on desktop. Regular temp as high as 70something. Next step is to test newer driver with aggressive fan control 

0 Likes

Mine loads up and plays now, i havent had a crash to desktop as before.

im running amd driver 19.12.2

manual overriding fan control

im not quite sure whatever fixed the situation, but went as far back as 19.7.3 with drivers and then switched back to 19.12.2. the 20.2.1 version is still buggy for me on other fronts

0 Likes
aleiphoenix
Journeyman III

Hi everyone, just encountered exact same issue today. Verifying game files shows all files are okay. Didn't try anything like switching to another driver version.

I'm using i7-8700, Sapphire 5700 xt Nitro+ and Windows 7 SP1, Adrenalin 2019.11.1 .

I want to share a solution I just tested and works.

Credit goes to doitsujin (Philip Rebohle) · GitHub maybe.

Releases · doitsujin/dxvk · GitHub

It's a Vulkan translation layer for DX9/10/11 game under Linux/Wine, Just download release files from the page (I'm using version 1.5.1), extract the tarball, copy dll files from the proper folder (x32 for 32-bit system, x64 for 64-bit system) to games folder (We just want to fix this issue for AC Odyssey only, right? No need putting into system32 folder just yet). It works pretty well.

Have luck with that, cheers!

Source of infomation: https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=20041708  (A Chinese gaming forum. The result is coming from a request which is from another guy. There is a report this also works for 5700)

mretnie
Adept II

I'm a bit irritated, as to AMDs and Ubisofts inability or unwillingness to fix this issue. Every time the game is launched it advertises the supposed collaboration of the two brands to give us the best possible experience, but half a year after the issue has become known, there is still no fix.

Even worse, Ubisoft seems to say they can only fix it, if AMD works with them in changing something in the driver, yet AMD doesn't even acknowledge it as a problem in their known issues list of the driver, even after several people of the community have repeatedly reported this issue via the appropriate channels...

And yes, with the new version it's still not working, not sure why I even try every version, and rereport the issue, via the report form and here.

Sorry for the negativity, but it had to be said...

mretnie
Adept II

It also still crashes on the newest version of the AMD drivers: 20.2.1

0 Likes

I installed an older version 19.11.2 and the crash disappeared. I think there's a forced overclock in the newest drivers. The old driver has an option to turn OC manually, but the newest don't have it anymore.

0 Likes

For most in this thread, the issue with Elysium has been persistent since at least 19.9.1 driver, so long before the version you suggest as a fix. It seems to be specific to the combo of RX5700(XT), Elysium DLC - so far no matter the driver version. But Ubisoft Claims they are still working on it, so let's hope. Maybe they can influence AMD to at least acknowledge the issue and later fix it...

0 Likes
johnnystorm
Adept I

i had the same issue with my red devil 5700 xt so i googled it a bit and found a solution on a steam page. go to: https://github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases and download file named dxvk-1.5.tar.gz
, unzip and copy the dll files under x64 into the games' folder where you see other dll files . You should also copy the file located outside of the 2 folders of the zip. You may experience performance drops but nothing too serious. When you finish with Elysium, you can delete those files if they annoy you.

0 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion (which you probably got from either the Ubisoft Forum Thread or the Thread on steam), but it doesn't work for everyone (like me), which you could also probably also read there.

0 Likes