So for the people who got worried like me at the emails sent by the ubisoft team because they still hope to play the dlc this was posted by Ubi-Swaggins
Sorry for the delay in catching this.
I believe there has been some miscommunication on this topic. The response that @Pluto_V received on his support ticket does state that the game is now outside of its life-cycle and will no longer receive any further post-launch support.
This is outlined in this post, that being said, the team is still investigating certain issues that are still ongoing, like this one.
As this is a case of miscommunication I have edited the initial post to remove the Support teams' answer.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding.
''this post'' redirects to the last update of the game where ubisoft annouced 1.5.1, but he assures that the team is still looking into it and that it will be fixed, so at this point i doubt this is something that amd can do something about and i assume this is on ubisofts part.
I got a RX 5700 XT this week, first on driver 19.12.3 i couldnt get into wildlands, switching to 19.9.2 helped this issue. But latest driver and 19.9.2 Odyssey is crashing to black screen, but it's "no signal" black screen, i can play for about 30mins in vanilla content im level 4. The music from the game continues, the computer is running.. i have a third screen on a usb gfx and i cannot get my mouse onto that screen by alt-tabbing or any other way. It's like the computer is caught in a loop unresponsive and the gfx card was unplugged or something...
I have rolles back to amd 19.7.3 and custom i ed fan control to be more aggressive. I think it might have be ome too hot and simply shut off, spot temp was 85 with odyssey in the background and browsing on desktop. Regular temp as high as 70something. Next step is to test newer driver with aggressive fan control
Hi everyone, just encountered exact same issue today. Verifying game files shows all files are okay. Didn't try anything like switching to another driver version.
I'm using i7-8700, Sapphire 5700 xt Nitro+ and Windows 7 SP1, Adrenalin 2019.11.1 .
I want to share a solution I just tested and works.
Credit goes to doitsujin (Philip Rebohle) · GitHub maybe.
It's a Vulkan translation layer for DX9/10/11 game under Linux/Wine, Just download release files from the page (I'm using version 1.5.1), extract the tarball, copy dll files from the proper folder (x32 for 32-bit system, x64 for 64-bit system) to games folder (We just want to fix this issue for AC Odyssey only, right? No need putting into system32 folder just yet). It works pretty well.
Have luck with that, cheers!
Source of infomation: https://bbs.nga.cn/read.php?tid=20041708 (A Chinese gaming forum. The result is coming from a request which is from another guy. There is a report this also works for 5700)
I'm a bit irritated, as to AMDs and Ubisofts inability or unwillingness to fix this issue. Every time the game is launched it advertises the supposed collaboration of the two brands to give us the best possible experience, but half a year after the issue has become known, there is still no fix.
Even worse, Ubisoft seems to say they can only fix it, if AMD works with them in changing something in the driver, yet AMD doesn't even acknowledge it as a problem in their known issues list of the driver, even after several people of the community have repeatedly reported this issue via the appropriate channels...
And yes, with the new version it's still not working, not sure why I even try every version, and rereport the issue, via the report form and here.
Sorry for the negativity, but it had to be said...