cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lihfts
Journeyman III

5700xt crash everytime when I try to play AC Odyssey DLC

SoI 'have just start the fate of atlantis. My game crash, after the loading screen that I got as I enter the first simulation (Part 1. Elysium). I did not get any error message, the game just close itself. I did reinstall my VGA drivers, set everything default, uninstall every other software such as MSI afterburner. Nothing helped. Is there anybody facing the same problem? Is there any solutions?

Its only when trying to enter Elysium. And more specifically all that using RX5700XT/RX5700. Right after the first cutscene after the dog and some women and stone soldier...

anyone have the same issue? I know this annoy thing about 2 month ago, after the 1.5 game patch and radeon 19.9.1 driver I still can't play the game. And people in steam community said  only episode 1 crash not 2 or 3.

But I only have one 5700xt graphic card.So I can't test it 

So I come here for help.

55 Replies
alseu
Challenger

I have this as well. Vanilla game runs fine and it crashes as soon as you move into the DLC area.
There are almost no reports about that on internet so i believe it's a navi specific issue.
All you can do is to report about the issue directly to AMD:
AMD Issue Reporting Form 
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

and to Ubisoft:
SignIn Page - Ubisoft Support 

I have report this issue to Ubisoft.But they can't help me,because there's no windows error report .So I can't send them detail  about this issue. And you can google Game Crashes right after entering Elysium. There's a post in steam community discuss about it. About 4 page of comments leave there. So I'm perrty sure I'm not the first person who found this issue. So I curious why after 2 month, people who use 5700xt still can't play the DLC with no crash. That's wierd.

You are right, didn't see that post on steam (almost 2 months indeed!) and there was nothing on Ubisoft forums.
I am sure the game had been creating a crash dump that was automatically sent then. Personally i attached a video replicating the issue to Ubisoft and Amd, since that there were a new driver released and a new AC:Odissey patch that both didn't adress and even mention the problem in a known issues section. 

shpackr
Adept I

I have the same problem. 

mretnie
Adept II

Same issue here. Bit sad that it only seems to be on the Navi cards. Hoping for a quick fix.

0 Likes

BTW: Also submitted the issue to AMD.

I checked some stuff in the related thread on Steam-Community.

So playing the game on my work computer is not an issue (it doesn't have Navi card). I created several Saves in different locations in Elysium. All of them crash back home on my PC (with Navi). Funny enough it only crashes, if I move the camera or character, otherwise the game keeps running.

I also opened a ticket with Ubisoft and maybe they can do something about it.

Will probably continue to play at work and try to get through the chapter, because supposedly only Part 1 Elysium is affected, the other chapters of Atlantis aren't...

A fix would be fine nonetheless...

alseu
Challenger

19.9.2 - tested and it still does crash. The issue is not mentioned in the known issues section either. Will send another ticket and online support request.

Tried a few of my save again. It crashes as soon as I move the camera or character... (also on 19.9.2).

0 Likes

Same issue here.

0 Likes
nabuco
Adept I

same issue here

0 Likes
tonytriantus
Journeyman III

Still same issue here but not on 5700xt. I am on Radeon R7 M440 updated with Adrenalin. 

0 Likes
volllly
Journeyman III

Same issue with R9 280X

0 Likes
al_playz1
Journeyman III

Same issue with RX580

0 Likes

Verified game files and updated to 19.9.3. Works now

mretnie
Adept II

Tried with 19.9.3 still crashes. (also new X570 Chipset Driver, but yeah).

gladiool
Adept I

I got a message from a Ubisoft employee on steam. They said they are currently working on a patch that should fix the problem. I will post a screencap of it tomorrow. I hope they will fix it soon! 

Steam_SNeVac6LYJ.png

Thanks for letting us know and good to hear they are working on it.

0 Likes

There is stil no fix and the issue appeard almost one month ago. I regret that I didn´t buy it on a console.

If I start G-Force now I can play the same game und use the same gamesave without any issues.

Title Update was released today and it crashed again. Great job Ubisoft, great job AMD, great partners. This was my last uplay game and my last amd graphic card for pc.

By the way, that is not an issue for a title update. It should be a hotfix.

It's going to be fixed later this month, as far as I heard. Maybe some more patience?

0 Likes

I looked into your link and found this:

"[PC] Game crashes in DLC 2.1 with AMD Radeon RX 5700 (XT)

I installed exactly this update today. Now I will play it on GeForce Now with low quality. Looks like Nvidia can handle the game.

0 Likes

Oh, sorry, didn't know the update already came out today. I'll check myself later.

0 Likes

Checked myself, with 19.10.1 still crashes.

The guy at Ubisoft Support told me that AMD would fix something in the driver too, so the fix from Ubisoft would work. Maybe there'll later be a AMD Radeon driver update. It's a Shame anyway it's taking them so long...

0 Likes

Yea, they claim to be partners and it work with the cards from Nvidia. But until this point it was a geat game und a great graphic card, I must admit :-/

0 Likes
mretnie
Adept II

AMD Driver Update 19.10.2 still doesn't fix the problem.

Also filed a new issue with AMD, just to let them know again. Maybe you guys should do too.

AMD Issue Reporting Form 

0 Likes
pionking
Journeyman III

I submitted this problem to both Ubi and AMD in July When the RX5700XT just pulished,now four months have passed.

0 Likes

Maybe report again? I did report it three times now (with the more recent drivers especially).

0 Likes
mretnie
Adept II

You got to be kidding me...

19.11.1 and it is still not fixed...

What are you guys doing?

0 Likes
gladiool
Adept I

Maybe, behind the scenes, AMD blames Ubisoft for the problem and Ubisoft blames AMD. So ultimately nothing will get fixed while we, the consumers, will have lost our money buying the DLC and, to a smaller extent, the video card which we had hoped would run the game.

Just face it, this will never get fixed. I should've just waited for the next-gen Playstation. At least then I can buy physical copies of games and return them if anything is broken. F*ck AMD. F*ck  Ubisoft. F*ck  Steam. Hope you choke on my money.

AMD have been fixing lots of other issues and I see that it is not so much a priority, with some of the basic functions still not a hundred percent.

I bet when we all moved on, they'll eventually fix it...

0 Likes
timcharper
Adept I

I also am having this issue, sadly. I'd really like to finish the DLC content I purchased, but this bug prohibits us. AMD... Ubisoft... y'all talk to eachother right? Consoles have AMD GPUs... right? Let's chat and figure this out. Next Xbox will use rDNA architecture so lets get this sorted.

0 Likes
xarteer
Adept I

Ubisoft as always been saying that they meant to fix it in the previous update but they couldn't and have a team looking into it honestly im so sick of this how as this been going on since release

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2135885-AMD-RX-5700-XT-Crashing-Atlantis-Elysium-Chapter-1 

0 Likes
gladiool
Adept I

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Support and apologies for the delayed response.

I understand that your Assassin's Creed Odyssey crashes after entering Elysium.

Thanks for reporting this issue! As indicated in our last blog post, https://assassinscreed.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-updates/358276/assassin-s-creed-odyssey-1-year-in..., the game's life cycle concluded with Title Update 1.5.1.

This means that remaining issues such as the one you reported will not be addressed. Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you have any other questions or need further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
Petar P.
Ubisoft Support

0 Likes

That doesn't sound good.

0 Likes

Yeah and yet we have ubisoft staff telling us not to worry because this will be addressed in a future update. It makes absolutely no sense.

0 Likes

They redacted the statement and say they continue to work on it.

Check here:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2135885-AMD-RX-5700-XT-Crashing-Atlantis-Elysium-Chapter-1... 

0 Likes