cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

apestkung
Journeyman III

5700xt crash and black screen when adjust fan speed

5700xt crash when adjust fan speed in afterburner or amd adrenalin software and debug code show 08

If I DO NOT modify and setting. The System has not crashed and black screen.

Does anyone else have this problem?

My spec

Ryzen 7 2700x

Crosshair VII Hero Bios 2304

Ram 32GB

PSU 750w

Windows 10 1903

All Lasted Driver

42 Replies

i am sorry that you have problems with card. it looks like , it is depending on hardware. with my ryzen 3600 and asus tuf x570 i don`t have any problems for few days. only one thing that i done is uninstalled msi afterburner an stoped using hwinfo during games. i still have undervolted card at 1060mV with 1850mhz limit and custom fan curve. no problems. wattman keeps settings , checking every restart . 

0 Likes

my setup is 9900k @5ghz, aorus ultra z390, gskill tridentz 3800mhz, no msi afterburner installed. i think the problem that caused apex crashed is because the overlay of the hwinfo during games and it ran ok when i closed it before playing. but still have many problems to be fixed. and before that i have to buy rtx 2070S to be able playing games. still have high hopes on 5700 xt tho.

0 Likes

it is a logical step that you change the gpu, I would do the same if the problems were unbearable
. i solved my problems with gpu for now . had same problems with crashing wattman. few black screens . but i changed older r5 2600 with b450m , where i don`t have ANY sort of problems with 5700xt, it is interesting. few days ago exchanged board and cpu, some black screens in idle with firefox , and you know the rest of the story.
0 Likes