cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cxlvinnn
Adept II

5700XT. Can't play many games in full screen. Black screen. Display crashing..

Let me just start by saying this is undoutedly the worst graphics card I've ever bought.

It's been plagued with issues since release. It's ruined YouTube for me as the clips never work properly.

Trying to play Destiny 2 but I have to play in windowed mode and deal with constant stuttering. Rust is unplayable because I have to tab in and out 20 times or play in windowed mode which sucks.

Sometimes the screen just goes black and won't come back until I restart.

So I don't really play games anymore. Guessing there's no real solutionf for these issues other than the typical "DDU, reinstall drivers" stuff which I have done probably 20 times.

Specs don't mean much when the card doesn't even work properly

1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

RX 5700 XT Random Black Screens When Gaming 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ikoj
Adept I

There are couple things i can say to you to 'try' and fix it.
Disable hardware acceleration in Discord,Steam,Firefox
If you are not using x570 mobo go to bios PCIE and change it from AUTO To GEN3 even when AUTO means GEN3 just do it.
Same goes for x570 Auto/GEN4 to GEN3.

Check in wattman boost clock if it is bigger than your gpu's advertised boost clock and reduce it.
Check https://old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/d0h74t/issues_with_freesync_on_rx_5700_check_your/  check this post and comments for Chill issue.
Also try disabling freesync,enchanced sync.

Lastly i can tell you just in case check if your RAM is stable.Also if your GPU uses 2x8pin from PSU do not use single pcie cable(1x8pin to 1x8pin+1x6pin+2pin),instead use 2 pcie cables to connect your PSU to GPU.Some people reported using 2 pcie cables made their gpu more stable.
It certainly is driver problem,and it is not acceptable.

But you can try some of the things i listed above and see it if works!

Thanks dude I'll give these a shot today.

0 Likes
benauvage
Adept I

If nothing helped, if ur using a 144 hz monitor change it to 60 hz and put the fps limit to 60 fps, it somehow worked for me so far. I know it's hurting to see 60 hz when u can use 144 hz, but i guess better having 60 hz and its running kinda stable instead of crashing the whole time.

0 Likes

Haha if I was gonna do that I'd just put my 960 back in my computer. Which I'm actually kinda tempted to do.... at least it's stable.

shawntyq
Adept I

hi bro, im facing kinda same issue, black screen when gaming.

my temporary solution was to limit the fps to 100 with 144hz on overwatch.anything higher will cause black screen.

im still researching new methods/solutions to this issue. 

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you can use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

RX 5700 XT Random Black Screens When Gaming 

0 Likes