cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

nozet
Adept II

Re: 5700XT BSOD/Crashing with browser hardware decode + 75Hz bug

Same problem with 75hz. I have already written 3 times in AMD Issue Reporting Form since the release of the video card. They seem to ignore this problem ...

bugzbunny
Adept III

Has anyone tried the 9.9.2 drivers yet? HW Accel is noted as fixed in the release notes?

0 Kudos
koszalek
Adept III

AMD focused only on the performance of the cards and not repairing drivers, I wait a week for the graphics card I send to the store and after 12 years I will buy NVIDIA
0 Kudos
bugzbunny
Adept III

They apparently fixed a few issues with 9.9.2 drivers, might want to give this a shot and report back:

Fixed Issues

• With v-sync enabled FPS may be locked to 30 on some displays set to 75hz refresh rates.
  • System instability may be experienced on some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations when watching video content in a web browser.
  • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
  • Radeon Settings may list core clocks as not available with some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
  • Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.

0 Kudos
lonegunman
Journeyman III

Thanks Bugsbunny, I'll give it a go for a week or so and report if the issue is fixed.

0 Kudos
ridsama
Journeyman III

Just got a Gigabyte 5700XT Gaming OC, DDU the old driver, downloaded 19.9.2, Chrome still crashes with HW acceleration. Have to disable it. At this point, what is the most stable drivers for 5700?

EDIT: I rolled back back to 19.7.5 according to a Reddit thread. Doesn't seem to crash Chrome with HW acceleration on.

lonegunman
Journeyman III

So far so good with the 9.9.2 drivers.  Enabled hardware acceleration on Firefox and Chrome and had videos running on YouTube all day simultaneously on both browsers with no crashes.  I'll report back in about a week.  Fingers crossed.

bugzbunny
Adept III

I have HW accel disabled here for good, don't need it.

0 Kudos