Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mannydado
Adept I

5700XT BSOD 19.9.2

I'm having issues With my new 5700XT Powercolor 

BSOD upon booting.

with different error messages at times. I've updated from drivers 19.9.2 and also fresh boot windows DDU clean everything and still BSOD

I moved from gtx1070 and that works fine.Drivers & Software Support ForumsGraphicsRX 5700 XT constant driver crashes

Ryzen 7 3700x

X570 auros I

32GB G.skill Trident Z 3200 cl16

600w 80+ platinum

5700XT

12 Replies
spacebar
Adept I

Same here, even if I downgrade my driver there are still a lot of bsod and driver 19.7.5 doesn't give display

0 Likes

I was able to find a fix for my issue, since my Motherboard was x570 and i'm using a PCie Riser if ound that i had to change my PCIE settings in BIOS from Auto to PCIE3 because it reads the card as GEN 4 and wants to go gen 4 and unstable. 

And now it's stable getting around 60ish fps in Ultra in borderlands 3.

0 Likes
ghost_of_babylon
Journeyman III

me too and i have the same Graphicscard,

i cant even change display resolution to 1080p in games because ill have problems with the Display.

if the dont fix their drivers ill go back to Nvidia and never AMD again. i was a big fan of AMD till now.

I was able to find a fix for my issue, since my Motherboard was x570 and i'm using a PCie Riser if ound that i had to change my PCIE settings in BIOS from Auto to PCIE3 because it reads the card as GEN 4 and wants to go gen 4 and unstable. 

And now it's stable getting around 60ish fps in Ultra in borderlands 3.

0 Likes

I bought probably my first AMD card since the Ruby, my 5700 XT has been so bad it makes me physically ill. I'm hoping that nothing bad has happened to my hardware from all the sudden crashes and me having to force shutdown when I lose signal.

0 Likes

Just send it back if you can, if not there’s some site to get some money

back for it for a new one. I tried amd this past year, it was horrendous.

Never again will i try amd u til they fix their main issue which is their

drivers. I went back to nvidia and haven’t had a problem gaming since.

0 Likes

Where in gods name is that? I got mine off newegg and there is no way I think I can do that. Every other place I bring this up just gets me trolled out of the room. " your voltages are all wrong! " or " you need to run ddu. " and I've never seen such bad explanations and excuses in all of my life.

0 Likes
spacebar
Adept I

Try to turn off the Hardware acceleration of your browser maybe this will solve your problem

0 Likes
domathen
Adept I

I currently have the power color 5700xt, I have issue when gaming mainly. Games all run different some games I can run the expected graphics of the 5700xt or I cannot. It stutters sometimes in games “even in Minecraft” but BSOD happens in games like Ghost Recon and Destiny 2, Hell even in Siege. I’ve done everything you can think of except mess with the bios. I have a B450 Steel Legend board. 

evilsanta
Journeyman III

Good day to all! I encountered such a problem, I bought myself a new AMD Radeon RX 570 vidyuha (before that there was an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750). The old driver is deleted via DDU. The locations began to take a very long time to load, that is, I click on let’s run a raid and then sit for 3-4 minutes until it loads me on the location. During the passage of something or any drawdowns and suspensions, neither gambit nor avant-garde is noticed. Other games like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and Assassin's Creed Origins work without problems at high settings. System: AMD FX 8350 processor, AMD Radeon RX 570 graphics card, gigabyte ga-970a-ds3p motherboard (rev. 2.x), Two DIMM DDR3 4GB 1600 MHz strips, 500 Watt power supply.
0 Likes
capw12
Journeyman III

So I have been having similar black screen issues as everyone else with the 5700XT that I bought in December. Up until last night 2-15-2020, I would have to hard shut down the PC after black screens because I could not get the PC to respond at all.

Here is my [Full Build](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hmzYWb). I’m up to date on windows (don’t know exactly because PC in reboot loop at moment. Running Adrenalin 20.1.4 with almost every extra AMD feature disabled. Drivers for everything else up to date.

So far this morning I have tried to clear the CMOS. That didn’t work. So I took out the backup battery and tried to clear CMOS again, but I still am falling into reboot loop on startup.

The most consistent way my PC has gotten the black screen is to play 45-60 minutes of borderlands 3. I can run 3D benchmark fine. I can do most web surfing fine (although have gotten a few black screens doing this).

I did submit a case to Gigabyte a few weeks ago when I first noticed black screens and have been communicating with them on troubleshooting since then. This may be the final reason I request an RMA and go get a 2070 super :(

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes

Yeah that’s what i ended up doing, it was basically a hit or miss card after 3months of release. The beginning was great for majority of the card manufacturers then after that you would have to get a high quality 3 party brand to even get what you paid for. I ended up selling my 5700xt and buying a 2070 super. I haven’t had a single problem with any game ever since. The 5700xt had so much potential but AMD could never bring driver up to date with the games for optimization. Nvidia definitely has the better drivers, card and it truly shows. 

0 Likes