cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hadesflames
Adept II

5700XT Black Screen

I've been getting random black screens that I can't explain lately on my 5700XT. It has been happening usually when I swap from borderless fullscreen on a game to desktop but it just happened randomly while simply browsing a site. I also have gotten some weird GPU not found errors on certain games and when I tried to open adrenaline just now I got this error:

hadesflames_0-1671473184157.png

This is the second time I've had this issue. When it happened before, I uninstalled the drivers and then did a factory reset install of latest (at the time which should be the recommended version prior to the one released on Dec 08, 2022) WHQL version of the drivers. That seemed to resolve the issue but as you can see it's back and the black screen issue is new. When the black screen happens I can still hear sounds like if I was in a game for example but my screen is completely black and the only way to recover is to power off the system and reboot. This all started happening within the past couple of months and I've had this system as it currently is without making any hardware changes since basically the 5700XT's release date.

System Specs:

GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 5700XT

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900X

MotherBoard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula

RAM: 2x Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3200C16 32GB kit

Monitor: MSI MAG321CQR

0 Likes
1 Solution

EDITED/UPDATED:

I don't see mention of disabling automatic driver updates from Windows (Windows, not Radeon software), though this problem has been a thing with Win11. Maybe after some update it now involves Win10.

Did you follow the instruction in the link mentioned on the error message? https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300 

Also if you have Apex Legends installed, uninstall it before DDU drivers/update drivers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Disable driver update from Win11

DDU graphics driver https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

Reinstall graphics driver from amd.com 

0 Likes

I'm on Windows 10, also this is the process I followed the first time this happened that I mentioned above.

0 Likes

EDITED/UPDATED:

I don't see mention of disabling automatic driver updates from Windows (Windows, not Radeon software), though this problem has been a thing with Win11. Maybe after some update it now involves Win10.

Did you follow the instruction in the link mentioned on the error message? https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300 

Also if you have Apex Legends installed, uninstall it before DDU drivers/update drivers.

0 Likes

I always remove network access when running DDU. I know  it doesn't state it in my OP but that's how I ran it. Safe mode without networking -> DDU -> Install predownloaded driver from AMD

0 Likes

The faulty driver can still be on your hard drive, because why would have Windows removed it.

There is literarily a link to instructions in that error message.

0 Likes