cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yodastoe
Adept I

5700xt black screen then shuts down computer

Have a brand new cyberpower build I been playing with on this error for like a month. When my son plays fortnite it will randomly go to black screen on both monitors and then shut the computer down instantly. Fortnite logs report DXD hung before the crash. Sometimes he can play all day without an issue and others will happen multiple times a day. It does not seem to happen in a pattern. I have tried so many things after reading all these posts not sure where to go.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
ASUS TUF X570-plus gaming MB
Asetek 570LXL 240MM watercooler
AData SPECTRIX XPG D80 RGB 8GB (x2) DDR4-3200 memory
240GB WD GREEN SSD 2.5" SATAIII 6.0 GB/s 
1TB WD CAVIAR BLUE HDD 3.5" SATAIII 7200RPM 6.0 GB/s

THERMALTAKE 600WATT GOLD 80 PLUS POWER SUPPLY
BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 24.5 inch 240 Hz
Another Monitor 60z TV

The problem seems to get a bit worse when added the 240hz monitor but not entirely sure.

What I have tried:

TDR Delay in register to 0

Setting Custom Fan Curve

Undervolting the card

Increasing Power to card to +50%

Capping Fortnite to 240 Frames

Turning down graphics in Fortnite

Fresh uninstall and reinstall of 5700xt software drivers

Fresh install of fortnite

Updating all drivers on the computer

RAM tested

Drives tested

Monitor temps

Turned FreeSync off

Changed power settings to optimal in windows

Turned off fast startup in windows.

(Probably forgetting a few things)

After undervolting the card and turning the fan curve the temps look really good. Even before undervolting the card with just the fan curve was in the 80C under 100%. Now undervolting it barely reaches 70C.

After undervolting the problem does not happen as often but still happens a couple times a week.

I do not have another computer where I can test graphics card or power supply separately etc.

Please help not sure what to do at this point but have a very unhappy kid who saved up for this. 

21 Replies