cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

kutlubey
Journeyman III

5700XT Black Screen Issue

I upgraded my system full AMD products. However when i get into BIOS and increase MHZ of RAMs it shutdowns with full black screen but i can hear sounds coming from pc case. Then i decreased MHZ speeds and it solved the problem.

HOWEVER, today i downloaded new AMD Radeon Software and i cant play any games. It shutdowns a few moment later same as before problem. I DID NOT RAISED MHZ of RAMS. HELP PLEASE!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you may use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
jl5086
Elite

To me that sounds like general OC instability. If your memory is close to unstable, certainly changes between the old and new driver release could cause an issue.  I upgraded from a Ryzen 5 2400g to a Ryzen 5 3600, and the same G.Skill 3200mhz ram would not run on the exact same XMP profile that it had run on the 2400g.  I had a real hard time getting it stable, with the XMP profile most times Windows wouldn't boot, instead it would say windows is corrupt and it would try to repair instead, but if windows did happen to load, it would crash just from navigating around the desktop. So I eventually did get the ram to run at desired 3200mhz, but I had to manually loosen the timings quite a bit in the bios to make it stable.  I just kept checking for bios updates from my MB manufacturer, and after 2 updates, about 8 weeks later, now my ram runs just fine with the XMP profile used.  So depending on exactly what your system specs are, especially if it's a 3rd gen Ryzen, you may want to make sure you have the absolute latest bios from the manufacturer, even if the motherboard claimed it was "3rd gen ready", there were and are a lot of bugs and compatibility issues present.   If you do choose to loosen your timings in bios, I highly suggest you download the Ryzen Memory Calculator, because that will provide you with "safe/stable" timings for your ram speed to start from.  Good luck.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have an existing thread on this issue which you may use to provide your feedback and track status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/243837 

0 Likes