Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

devi21
Journeyman III

5700XT and Wattman problems with 19.7.1/2/3/4

My data:

• SAPPHIRE Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8G GDDR6
  • AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600
  • Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac (Last Beta Bios)
  • Fresh Windows and the latest AMD drivers

Hello,

first of all thanks for the support here. So far I could not enjoy my RX 5700Xt so much. I hope AMD tries to fix the known bugs.

Now my observation and/or my error.

1. refresh rate :

If I set the refresh rate under Windows to 75 HZ, this is not saved after the restart is again at 60 HZ.  This leads to the fact that the whole system feels very backward.

2. but now the main problem:

Sometimes when I start games and then set to 75 Hz in the game, the Wattman crashes in the background. The game continues to run but no data is displayed in the overlay. This in turn leads to the fact that the fan curve does not grip and the card overheats. Probably both problems are linked. This is a big problem and could cause a defect of the graphics card.

7 Replies
yue0707
Adept II

Does the pre 19.7.x drivers fix that Wattman issue? I know it's something that happens outside of Wattman that prevents the driver from correctly reading the Graphics cards sensors. I just want control of my card to fix the horrible thermals and not have the sensorssnd fan control completely poop out. 

I'm just wondering what driver all these reviewers are using lol because they seem to not have the issues were having. I'm about to write Gamers Nexus to see if they can cover this issue like they did with the 2080ti issues. 

0 Likes

How about 19.7.5?  Its now available to download.

0 Likes
yue0707
Adept II

Alright so I think I narrowed the problem down to higher refresh rate over HDMI.

DisplayPort does not seem to be affected as I can run 144hz @ 1080p. However I don't have the option to try higher than 1080P. 

For everyone else, keep the RR @60hz and try that and see if things come back online again. 

0 Likes
arpit1234
Adept I

This has been my issue all along. On most of the occasions when i switch on the pc, the global wattman are blank. Its been really long that ive been waiting for some fixes but apparently AMD is taking their own time. Its disappointing how such a good hardware is held back because drivers arent working properly. I hope it gets fixed soon.  

0 Likes

What resolution/refresh rate are you running? 

Also are you running display port or HDMI?

0 Likes

1920x1080p @ 60 hz, hdmi.

Specs:

ryzen 7 3700x

asus x470-f gaming

5700xt

gskill trident z, 2x8gb @3200Mh

0 Likes
clsmithj
Adept II

add 19.7.5 to that list. 

My Radeon 5700 XT Anniversary Edition was running great for over a week.  I had achieved the best benchmark performances with it, and now I can only run this card stock with no changes in Wattman, not even for a Temp Fan speed adjustment profile.  It will just crash the game or freeze and cause me to hard reset. x5skxnj7foc31.png

0 Likes