cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yasvar
Journeyman III

5700xt 50th Anniversary, Abnormal high junction temp?

I have been checking reviews after reviews trying to find out what a normal temp and junction temps should be but nothing comes close to the difference between those two to what I get. With stock blower cooler I had a difference between 40-50 degrees.

So i got myself a EK waterblock and during a normal benchmark the normal temp is about 50-55 degrees after 10-15min but the junction is close to or over 100.
Adding some extra power and I hit 110 while normal temps goes up to 55-58.

I have refitted the block several times with no differece in temps and what i can see the thermal compound seems to have had a good spread and all.

Is this normal? have I failed somehow? I dont know so please help!

And btw. What maximum target on frequency should be realistic. If I press the auto overclock the software tries to set it at 2180 but my card can in best cases with 20% extra power do 2100 as target without crashing.

0 Likes
1 Reply
f-ben
Adept II

I am not sure about the anniversary but I hit 105°c with my stock 5700XT reference design. I could get it down to below 100 while gaming with this mod:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/dkzf5y/5700_xt_reference_design_washermod/f4my2gh/ 

0 Likes