cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

danthebloke
Adept I

Re: 5700XT - 2 problems, Black Screen crash/shutdown during gaming or random black screen flickering

Yeah, don't worry about it, I get what you mean. I'm annoyed that I'm limited to 100Hz freesync over HDMI compared to the full 144Hz freesync I should be able to get on DisplayPort, but hopefully, if theres enough evidence that its relating to that specific setup, the devs can focus their time on finding a fix for that and get it fixed

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Re: 5700XT - 2 problems, Black Screen crash/shutdown during gaming or random black screen flickering

Install Adrenalin 2019 19.12.1 GUI/UI and Adrenalin 20.5.1 drivers.
That is stable on RX5700XT Red Dragon.

0 Likes
bampi
Adept II

I have two monitors. One use HDMI the other use DP. No issues on my card.

0 Likes
dhoneshreyas
Adept I

My blackout and flicker issue got resolved. It was a cable issue, no blackout since morning. After changing 2 HDMI and 1 DP cable, the 4th DP 1.2 cable works without any issues.

brubawil87
Adept I

Glad yours was deducted to being a cable issue! A few of us here seem to be having issues Beyond our connection. Let us know if anything changes/develops. Good Luck Have Fun!

0 Likes
shotdead
Adept I

I Have tried every step above and still no hope

0 Likes
dixon
Adept I

oh god.. so i had resolved the issue for nearly 10-12 days without crash but it came back yesterday.. one thing i notice is when launching the game.. the colour get washed out abit, so going down that path.. i changed the pixel format to full RGB from the limited RGB and it once again stop the issue again. Maybe it couldn't render the game properly causing it to crash.. will monitor if this fix will last..

Edit: Nevermind, it lasted slightly longer before the screen flickers came back .. this thing is so frustrating. Is there like no AMD Mods around that can escalate this issue.

0 Likes
colesdav
MVP

Did anyone open one of these?
pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

I note the Adrenalin 2020 GUI/UI often becomes unresponsive unless I disable the options under Preferences below.
pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
bampi
Adept II

Game crash also crashes the drivers. That's why you have washed out colors. It will not revert back to normal unless you restart your whole pc. 

0 Likes
vuminhtri
Journeyman III

I met this mistake:
The first issue is random crashing and restarting of my pc during gaming. I will be playing just fine, and suddenly the screen will go black, PC still running, then it will restart. There never seems to be a loss of power.

I am playing Blade and soul and using 5 chrome tabs. My PC work stable but this problem appeared when AMD adrenalin occur. How to solve this ?   

0 Likes