cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

bampi
Adept II

Re: 5700XT - 2 problems, Black Screen crash/shutdown during gaming or random black screen flickering

Try previous versions of drivers. See my previous post ^^

brubawil87
Adept I

Re: 5700XT - 2 problems, Black Screen crash/shutdown during gaming or random black screen flickering

UDATE 6/17: I was having a lot of luck for like 2 days. Then again complete system crash beginning with display driver fail... Card has been sent in for RMA. Will update again after that.

So I was having game/system crash issues (full reboot) up until yesterday when I DDU and installed the 20.2.2 drivers. Those seem pretty stable for me. Even with some mixture of overclocking and undervolting I haven't had a crash yet on the same games I've been having since I put this together on 5/31. I have even gone as far to reinstall windows twice after the initial time to see if some lingering issues were around from previous driver installs.

Full system build:

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X - Wraith Prism Cooler (stock)

MOBO - Asus Tuf X570 gaming plus wifi

GPU - Asrock RX 5700XT Challenger D OC

Storage - 1TB Sabrent rocket pcie 4.0

RAM - Gskill trident Z neo 3600 16x2

Monitor - Samsung 27" JG56 144hz 1440p w/ freesync

PSU - 850W Thermaltake 80 plus gold GF1 tough power

0 Likes
ableau
Adept II

I experienced a similar problem:

https://community.amd.com/message/2982236 

Had to do a hard reset each time to reset the display from the black screen.

I have gone down to Adrenalin 20.1.3; keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Likes
dhoneshreyas
Adept I

I have also created a video where you can clearly see the screen blackouts (Time between 10-12 secs). Youtube link: https://youtu.be/nFSLz2xLf44
New driver 20.5.1 was clean installed. Global tuning Settings are set on default. The blackout happens every time (15mins-1hr) while playing, editing videos, or watching movies.
This is a serious issue that is bothering me too much. Also, I see horizontal patch flickers.
I have tested 3 driver versions 20.5.1, 20.2.2, 19.12.1. The issue is reproducible in all the 3 versions.
I NEED HELP TO RESOLVE THIS.
ableau
Adept II

If that can be any consolations, at least your system is able to recover from the screen blackouts after a few seconds. Mine doesn't; it's just like if the screen has been unplugged; I need a hard reset to get it back.

0 Likes
bampi
Adept II

Try undervolting. It worked for me.

This my card's default (Gigabyte 5700XT Gaming OC). Some games crash. Stress test crash with artifacts/horizontal lines. High temps.

pastedImage_1.png

I changed the last column to whatever's stable for me. From most forums, good values are around 1900-2000 Frequency and 1000-1100 Voltage.

I like these values below

pastedImage_2.png

All my games are okay except Monster Hunter World.

Doing stress test, watching movies, etc are also okay.

Very good temps. 60-75C both Current and Junction temps when playing games.

With Radeon Chill, I get temps 50-60C. very nice.

Driver 20.4.2 Stable

Fans depends on what temps and noise you like. Here is mine.

pastedImage_3.png

0 Likes
danthebloke
Adept I

Just out of interest, how many people are using displayport or 144Hz freesync monitors?

I was having all of these problems with 20.4.2 and 20.5.1 and none of the fixes worked, but then I swapped from DisplayPort to HDMI, and I've gone from a crash every 2 hours to none in the last week.

Would be interesting to see if this helps anyone else, and if there's potentially a displayport driver/ freesync bug causing the issues.

0 Likes
brubawil87
Adept I

I've already sent my card in for RMA and am waiting on getting a new one but yes I was using both display port and a 144hz freesync monitor. Regardless of what we are using if the technology is built in and advertised for use in such a way, It should work. Not that it didn't fix your issues and this isn't angry posting to your reply, I'm just ranting. We should not have to reduce our capabilities from what is proposed as a feature of a product because its having issues.

0 Likes
brubawil87
Adept I

Any luck on that? 

0 Likes
ableau
Adept II

Nope.

See the discussion about my question:

https://community.amd.com/thread/254161 

0 Likes