Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

fan242
Adept I
Adept I

5700 xt with latest update direct3d not working

After updating my powercooler 5700 xt to the latest drive when trying to run dxdiag, I get this prompt (image below) and if i don't bypass dxdiag closes.dxdiag.PNG  And if I do bypass i get this image Annotation 2019-07-11 172336.jpg

but on radeon settings i get a direct3d verison. Capture.PNG

I cant run anything with direct3d unless I uninstall the update. 

Can someone tell me if this is the graphics card problem and I need to rma it or a software problem.

Thank you

22 Replies
m1adam
Adept II
Adept II

Re: 5700 xt with latest update direct3d not working

im having random crashes with my 5700xt black screen to be exact

mohl5
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Just an FYI, I am having the exact same issue after the update.  I cannot play CS:GO or run a benchmark that used to run fine due to the lack of Direct3d.  

0 Kudos
gigamonster
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I had the same issue. Took me forever to figure out. Use this link https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html for a full clean uninstall of your drivers. Then reinstall them using amd's download on their website. That was what worked for me.

0 Kudos
beyond
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem - hoping it's just a driver fix

0 Kudos
fan242
Adept I
Adept I

I already used ddu in safe mode to uninstall then reinstall the driver. the 'trick' that did it for me was to not download the Radeon software link (419mb) not the auto-detect link, which I don't understand at all. but after installing it this way, I get crashes that crash the pc, I don't know how to dump a log file for the pc crashes.  I can run the heaven's benchmark with the extreme preset with no problem. but still crashes during gaming

Are you getting crashes while gaming?

0 Kudos
fan242
Adept I
Adept I

Try ddu and install the driver with the Radeon software link (419mb) not the auto-detect link, that worked for me but I am getting crashes in game 

0 Kudos
nuro0o
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Tried the DDU uninstalled everything, installed the 419 software link. But nope, even though it shows direct3d is present on the software, dxdiag and games tell me otherwise.

0 Kudos
steadybuilder
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have this same problem. Tried afresh OS install, tried loading the drivers from the CD that came with gpu, and also tried loading drivers from AMD, both on fresh os installs. I dont seem to be having any crash's, but I cannot play any game that uses directx, mainly Everquest.

0 Kudos
fan242
Adept I
Adept I

black screen then pc reboots?