cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vandreal
Adept I

5700 XT, Why is my performance so bad?

I have performed a Windows 10 reset and driver install, just as AMD said to do. Okay, I have still gotten a BSOD of VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE and now I see why my performance is so bad. I used to be able to play theHunter: Call of the Wild on Ultra settings (21:9, 2560x1080) and get avg 65-75 fps on this same rig with running a blower style Vega 64. I now am geting 27-30 fps avg with those same settings in that game with this new Gigabyte 5700 XT Gaming OC. I just ran a 3dMark Timespy test. I got a 7K score with my Vega 64 before, and now a 2K score with this 5700 XT. WTH?!?!?!

0 Likes
1 Reply

I have the sapphire Ntiro Rx 5700 XT and i have the same exact issues with the LOW LOW FPS on 2k ultra. I did how ever find the issue, the problem is with the shader quality if you have that on ultra you will get roughly 20-26 FPS during UGINE Superposition Benchmark. The second you take the shader quality from ultra to high i instantly was running 70+ FPS which still isnt great for 2k on this card. I believe it may be a step in the right direction. (hopefully)