cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

koszalek
Adept III

5700 XT running at full memory speed with 144HZ monitor

Why does the GPU memory work with full clock speed at the 144hz monitor?
0 Likes
44 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

You may experience this problem when DP or HDMI compression of a graphics card is not suitable with pixel values of 144 hertz refresh found in firmware of your monitor. To solve this problem, create a custom resolution of 144 hertz with an appropriate format.

0 Likes

the monitor has 3 years with a resolution of 1920x1080 144hz, I have to increase it to 2560x1440 and the problem disappears?
0 Likes

Of course no. Try to solve the 1080p 144 hertz problem. This problem can create stuttering problems for 144 hertz.

0 Likes

how can I diagnose the 1080 144hz problem
0 Likes

I have the latest drivers and are still the same problem
0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

I checked different things, and nothing helps, it's the fault of the drivers,
I'm waiting for a week of time if nothing changes I send the card back
to the store because instead of playing,
14 days matches are played
0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Please create custom resolution for 144 hertz refresh with CVT Reduced Blanking as my picture. If this does not work, please contact AMD via email. https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 
1.PNG

0 Likes

it just doesn't work, I drink whysky with nerves, I have beta drivers from my monitor but windows 10
Screenshot (12).pngdoes not allow me to install, tomor
row I will install new win10 we will see

There is a problem with your monitor's firmware or AMD display driver cannot match. I recommend using the GPU at 120 hertz, because if you use 144 hertz, you may have stuttering problems. Also, ask AMD. Specify your monitor model and just ask. I think they respond.

0 Likes

this is a win10 problem, I was able to install force beta drivers to the monitor, but the amd software still sees other drivers
0 Likes

I want to share with you what I have experienced without I'm sure. AMD graphics drivers can create custom resoulution according to the monitor's DP or HDMI output firmware (not according to driver). So you will try different drivers or can use CRU software... You probably won't see any difference. Again, you probably will get same errors as your picture.

0 Likes

should I buy a new monitor?
0 Likes

I think the difference between 120 hertz and 144 is not very obvious. A new monitor is superfluous if there is no defective pixel problem and color distortion. Of course for me. Use with 120. If FreeSync support is available with the monitor, use FRTC and cap the frames to 110FPS. You have a good gaming experience because your system is fine.

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

as you can see, something is wrong here, the drivers are not working, but who is the fault?

Screenshot (15).png

0 Likes

You can try my settings for 144 hertz using CRU software. My monitor and yours have the same panels. Maybe it will work. Note: I need to specify this. CRU software may damage the monitor.
Capture.PNG

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

can you give me the link to this software?

0 Likes

I'm not authorized to link. Website automatically blocks. You can look with Google. (CRU)

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

so what is funny? that I have rx480 for 26 months and I never had a problem, until I bought 5700xt

0 Likes

I changed my 144 hertz setting with CRU. VRAM jumped to 2000Mhz. CRU settings in the picture maybe work. It works for me.

0 Likes

Big OOOOOOO moved at last, it works at 144hz and the memory of the gpu frame at 100mhz,
so much cooling works lightly, but it is much better, I will see tomorrow how my son will
play roblox or bende had blue sceen, but thank you for today

Screenshot (17).png

koszalek
Adept III

but windows10 and amd have a problem with drivers compatibility
Screenshot (19).pngbut windows10 and amd have a problem with drivers compatibility
0 Likes

two types of drivers, 2770g4 and AOC 2770PF, and there is a conflict
0 Likes

Remove monitor and display drivers using DDU in safe mode.
Install latest AMD driver and DO NOT install monitor driver (it not has digital sign).
Do not create custom resolution.
Remove unnecessary hertz values and resolutions with using CRU software. Set 144 hertz like my example. I share detailed pictures for you. Good luck...
Annotation 2019-09-15 015850.PNG.jpg

0 Likes

Your panel supports maximum 330Mhz, but my settings are 333Mhz. If you apply my settings, you will have some OC on your monitor. I also looked at your monitor driver with CRU. The unsigned driver you are using may be causing this problem.

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

done and we'll see after the roblox test whether there will be a blue screen

Screenshot (23).pngScreenshot (24).pngScreenshot (26).png

I'm glad you solved the problem. However, I think that such problems can not cause blue screen errors. Also, if you do not remove unnecessary hertz values and resolutions with using CRU software, some games may run with 60 hertz. If you also get blue screen error, you should create a new topic. You should write error code and error message and hardwares information, and how the system crashed. Because the problem may be different. Good luck...

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

Hi thank you for your help, 144hz works in games but does not work virtual super resolution on 2560x1440,
but it's probably the fault of the driver monitor
0 Likes

You're welcome. I think you should use VSR and 2k resolution. Because 5700 series graphics cards are suitable for 2k resolution. In my opinion, you should not use monitor driver. Because this driver may be causing the problem. And now I've tested it on my own system. 1440p is working for me. But 3k or 4k doesn't work. This is probably driver-sourced. Because these worked before. I think you should be using 2k resolution without any problem. Creating custom resolution disables VSR. There may be a problem with the settings you are using.

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

ok, can you show me how to change it to have 2k?
0 Likes

I hope these settings help you.
myset.jpg

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

hi, unfortunately these settings do not work, but I bought a monitor 2560x1440 VA QHD 144hz I'm waiting for delivery,
but there is a second problem why sometimes if the card is in the back then the fan still works

Screenshot (27).png

0 Likes

This problem is different. I don't have the 5700 series GPU. Someone with this GPU can help you.
Zero RPM does not work. But why? Ask the forum or AMD?
https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

ubgrade, however, I changed the resolution from 1080p to 1440,
you had to change the settings in the monitor

0 Likes

No.VSR works for me even if I don't make any changes. Clean old drivers with DDU and install only latest AMD display driver. Maybe everything runs smoothly. However, do not change factory settings on AMD display driver. Do not install a monitor driver or do not use CRU software. If VSR is not working, try changing monitor refresh rate with Windows Display Options.

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

I checked the card on a new monitor and the refresh problem is the same at 144hz memory clock is at full 1750mhz, and at 120hz memory clock is at minimum 200mhz
0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

I have reinstalled all Windows 10
0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

There is a problem with the driver. Share this link with AMD.

0 Likes
koszalek
Adept III

I already did it, they recommended 19.7.1 installations but nothing helps, the fan works as it pleases and when refreshing the 144hz monitor the problem is the same
0 Likes

Do not install a monitor driver.
Reset the monitor settings with CRU. Restart the driver with CRU.

Then, remove 144 hertz setting with CRU and use your monitor with 120 hertz.
Because if you use the system with 144 hertz, problems like stuttering-flickerin-corruption will occur.
Good luck...

0 Likes