cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

amude
Journeyman III

5700 xt reduces frequencies by ~100 MHz

Hello, my non-ref rx 5700xt doesn't work at the set frequencies. For example, the frequency of 1900 MHz is now set in adrenaline, but in fact in games the frequency doesn't reach this value, and the video card operates at a frequency of about 1800 MHz.
In general, ~100 MHz is subtracted from any set frequency. An increase in voltage or power limit doesn't solve the problem.

0 Likes
15 Replies
rickyg32
Journeyman III

Your 5700XT works? Don't mess with the settings then.

I've been trying to reduce the frequency of mine as it is not stable.

0 Likes

I just want my video card to work at the frequencies that I set. Am I asking a lot?

0 Likes

same here.

can you please check your bios version / date? i think i'm on to something. if im not mistaken they changed something to the bios around december and this could make a huge difference...

mine is from 2019/06/16

0 Likes
voort
Journeyman III

I have same problem after install 20.4.1 on my 5600xt. Reinstall driver/OS not help me

0 Likes

use the stock speeds, cards are not that fast

0 Likes

at stock frequencies the same thing happens. 1600mhz with installed 1700mhz

0 Likes
redteam6
Elite

try and run a benchmark like uni-engine  that dose not stress the cpu. the card will naturally run at a lower clock if the game stresses the cpu. I freqently see my 5700xt run at like 1300mhz in a game like hell let loose for example. The card knows that it can only put out like 65fps in intensive cpu bound loads. Thus the down clocking. I have my card set to 1900 mhz as well.

0 Likes

The problem is not in the CPU. Graphics card is always 99% loaded

0 Likes

yes but your gpu has a bios too. you can check this in the adrenaline software under 'system' and than on the right side under hardware you click 'more details'

0 Likes

0 Likes
amdfreak01
Adept III

Did you try setting it to 2000 and see if its now 1900? Could be a bug. One thing to try would be to increase graphics settings in games to see if that number rises.

Also max frequency doesn't mean it will always reach that peak. There are many factors involved in getting to that point. Max freq may just be a boost setting. Most games i play dont get anywhere near the frequency set at 2150. 

0 Likes

I set 2000 MHz - the graphics card runs at ~ 1900 MHz. 2150 MHz - ~ 2000. Frequencies are reduced at any value. 
Graphics settings are always maximum, video card loading is always 99%

0 Likes

amude wrote:

I set 2000 MHz - the graphics card runs at ~ 1900 MHz. 2150 MHz - ~ 2000. Frequencies are reduced at any value. 
Graphics settings are always maximum, video card loading is always 99%

Use the defaults, the boost feature will handle the speeds automatically depending on the temperature and available power.

0 Likes

It could be that this is only a boost value, but it could also just be a bug. Have you reported this? Or talked w/ tech support? The "Fix" is just to set the highest value to +100 over what you want.

0 Likes
kumowoon1025
Adept II

This must be like a catch-22 for AMD. Be conservative with clock frequency, and people will complain it doesn't run at target max 100% of the time, or let'er rip and people complain of instability and crashing.

0 Likes