cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hybrid2277
Journeyman III

5700 XT random crashes

I did a complete delete and fresh install of windows after getting my MSI 5700XT With the latest drivers. Using a b350-F and a ryzen 51600 16GB of corsair vengeance RGB 3200 With the latest Bios settings. Since I've done this Ive been getting two different issues. When windows boots up it loads up to the login screen but freezes right before i can enter my pin. I then have to hard restart the computer which normally helps but is less than ideal. The second more common issue is i get the blue screen of death. The specific error is "VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR". 

I tried playing Borderlands Pre-Sequel and it worked fine no issues. But when trying to load up GTA V it blue screens.

Please tell me I'm not the only one with this issue.

0 Likes
7 Replies
hexman
Adept I

Try turning off enhanced sync in global settings. Set it to let application decide. Fixed a lot of these issues for me. Disable any overlays too to see if they are causing it.

0 Likes

Seems that uninstalling 19.7.5 and reinstalling worked.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
philtheagony
Adept I

I am having the same issue with the same card. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not work for me. It did reduce the amount of crashes I was having but I still get random crash/reboot/shutdown with bsod(varying errors but mostly kernel and irql_not_less_or_equal) once in awhile.

Troubleshooting I've done:

- Force BIOS to PCI gen 3

- DDU adrenaline 19.7.5 and re-installing

- Removing radeon notifications, freesync, vsr, shadow overlay

0 Likes

So the exact thing I did was Go into device manager. Right click the 5700 Go to driver and click roll back driver. Then find the link fo 19.7.3 download and install that driver. Go into the Radeon settings and update to .5 from there. thats what i did to get it to work and run flawless

0 Likes
supersix4
Journeyman III

I have exactly the same problem. Only with the RX5700. 

0 Likes

Try my above comment and see if it works. I havnt had an issue since. *knocks on wood*

0 Likes
supersix4
Journeyman III

I tried it but unfortunately it did not work. :-(

0 Likes