cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

darkestlight
Adept II

Re: 5700 XT owners w/ black screens/autoreboots/BSODs/etc - does changing RAM speeds help?

My RAM (PV416G340C6K, DDR4-3400, CL16 18-18-36) was apparently supposed to be good for overclocking according to reviews on tomshardware and similar. I was naively holding out a slight hope for B-die with DDR4-3400, despite 

How exactly did you find the manufacturer for that first set of RAM you had? Were you lucky enough to have all the ICs made by the same manufacturer for that model (rather than a lottery)?

0 Likes
madbill
Adept II

Re: 5700 XT owners w/ black screens/autoreboots/BSODs/etc - does changing RAM speeds help?

Yes,changing ram speed actually helps!No more black screens for now,i can normaly play.(20.7.2)Seems high overclocked ram was also unstable.Reduce speed,and add more voltage,or just try add more voltage.

taskforce131
Elite

Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost 

it is only happen in game that made with Unreal Engine 

0 Likes
darkestlight
Adept II

Be careful about increasing voltage if you want to maximise the lifespan of your RAM though.

0 Likes
accn
Elite

The frequency of my crashes is not related to the frequency of memory, timings, whatever. Moreover, I changed the memory set to a better one and crashes continue to occur at stock / xmp / oc

0 Likes