5700 XT - my FPS tanks when looking in certain directions in games
My PC: AMD Ryzen 5 2600, Sapphire Nitro 5700 XT, 16GB RAM 3200mhz, Intel 660p 1TB M2 SSD, Asus B450-K
So my FPS drops around35-50% when I am looking in certain directions. The graphics card is functioning normally, at a maximum of 67 C in the most heavy intensive games. it doesn't have problems in other games as far as I'm concerned. There is no stuttering, no frame drops, no frame spikes, nothing really. Yet, in certain games and cases when I move the camera to a certain angle/direction the fps drops from 100 to about 50 let's say, which totally destroys the immersiveness.
None of these issues existed on my old RTX 2060. I have to mention that not only did I removed my old NVIDIA drivers through DDU but also reinstalled Windows 10 and formatted the drive.
The following games have the problem so far:
GTA V (when looking at the sunset - exactly at 7 pm then through the whole night)
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (when looking at a fountain, when looking at a part of the jungle)
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (when looking at the cities)
Jedi Fallen Order (when looking at some buildings in the background)
Far Cry 4 (when looking at some mountains from the village)
Things I tried:
- looked into the CPU and GPU usage and temperatures and they seem to function normally and within limits
- tried changing the vsync internally and externally in all these games (with vsync on the fps still drops from 60 to below 60 although the games easily run at 100fps +)
- disabled SMT and some CPU power saving features, disabled the turbo boosting with no result so I reset them back to default
- changed the pre-rendered frames to 1 through registry
- installed 4 different drivers (old and new) for the card