cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

broker72
Journeyman III

5700 XT Low Framerate and GPU Utilisation Issues

I have an XFX 5700 XT, Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra and Intel 9600K processor with 3600 MHZ memory. I'm getting < 10 FPS in Secret World Legends and GPU is not engaging. With the GeForce 980 GTX in the same computer, I get 70 FPS. Is AMD going to ever fix these issues or offer refunds? Their new cards can't currently compete with 5 year old Nvidia cards.

This isn't CPU or memory bottlenecks. The GPU just isn't engaging at all or is momentarily engaging and then shutting down. I already RMA'd the card & got a replacement that does the same thing.

0 Likes
4 Replies
broker72
Journeyman III

Interestingly, when I put both cards in the computer (980 GTX and 5700 XT) with the 5700 XT being the primary (higher slotted), the GPU engages and runs at 70% on the 5700 XT and around 5% on the 980 GTX. There's something really wonky with the 5700 XT where it actually needs an Nvidia card in order to identify there's something for it to do. FPS around 100 with both cards installed.

0 Likes

So the best solution is to purchase NVIDIA GPU

I'm thinking about this because 5700 has too many problems with drivers and it looks like they won't ever be fixed. Will wait for new NVIDIA GPUs and then sell this AMD trash.

0 Likes

which make and model of card are you using

reset of the rig specs would be helpful to in figuring out what needs to be done

0 Likes

Useless actions. GPU AMD really has a problem with load balancing. Metro outcome, at some points, my processor cannot provide a video card load of more than 80%, because of this I get a slideshow. GPU is idle at a frequency of 800 MHz.
I have to do 2k resolution to create a load on the GPU and make it work at full. And each time, in each level, different settings so that the GPU is loaded.

0 Likes