Journeyman III

5700 XT Hardware Failure?

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

MOBO: B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

RAM: 2x 16 GB 3000MHz

PSU: EVGA Supernova 550 G3

I'm not sure where to start or what information I need to attach, but here is some background information.

I'm an inexperienced PC builder, but I made this PC using the Gigabyte 5700 XT as the GPU. Everything runs fine, but there are some games I've been playing where my PC freezes, goes black, then either becomes unresponsive or sends me to my desktop with the game having been terminated. Examples of the games that crash are Escape from Tarkov and Path of Exile. Other games like GTFO, League of Legends, and Tomb Raider haven't caused the PC to crash. 

This leads me to check the reliability history, and it comes up as a hardware error - Live Kernel Event 141.

I'm not sure what to do. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the GPU drivers and the software that comes along with it. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
rajadog20
Adept I

Join the club mate. Same issue here for 6 months on my $700 Radeon VII. 

0 Likes
fajrifauzan
Adept I

that's major issue with AMD 5700 series right now.. overheating issue, rendering issue, and driver issue..

My Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro + got same problem and worse than your problem.. feel want to back to green team.Screenshot (9).pngScreenshot (4).png

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Well,If you are an Experienced PC builder,I would definitely try a bigger PSU,that ones low for that system. 

I run a 5700XT OC and have had 0 issues with it on all drivers and games I play. I have always Run a PSU way larger than I would ever need and have had no issues in almost 20 years of building custom Gaming PC's.Never buy a Min spec PSU or a poor quality one.It is the most single important component in any PC build. 

System Requirement  PSU for a RX5700XT: 600W to 700W depending on the model

0 Likes

I'm using PSU RM850 right now.. My opinion PSU not major problem for RX 5700 XT becuase a lot of suggest if you have RX 5700 XT you must undervolt the card and that seems not working for me.. it's just the gpu problem i think and i have the bad one.. happy for you got nice gpu production

christiang
Adept III

Same problem with 5700 pulse.... You solved it?

0 Likes