cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gymnasticlime
Journeyman III

5700 XT FPS and audio stutter

This issue started about a week ago seemingly out of nowhere. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps I could think of. DDU, rolling back drivers, system restore, and now even after a fresh install of windows, the problem still returned.

First, the FPS begins to drop drastically and stutter, along with that the audio will start crackling. This will go on for about a minute. Sometimes this recovers but not always and the computer requires a hard reboot. The only thing that looks to be related to this in event viewer is the below.

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1829, time stamp: 0x5faee5bc
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.804, time stamp: 0x4544b4a1
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff099
Faulting process id: 0x3920
Faulting application start time: 0x01d702ad265d2bdb
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: f7f2c490-1b64-4457-bbfe-ecfe73ad1ffa
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

This same error logs every time the crash happens. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
solmagan
Journeyman III

hey, I think we have the same problem, I use 5500 xt and having this problem in hunt:showdown, it happens 1 or 2 times in one session. If I restart the game it happens again. I found what is going on when this is happening, system(ntoskrnl) is having %100 usage of the core that is game is already using, it stays about 1 minute or 2 and its okay after that. I used bug report tool and reported this to AMD

Can you check your cpu cores when you are having this probem? U can use msi afterburner, be sure you monitor all of your cores separately, because it only uses 1 core %100 and others are okay and average usage looks normal because of this.

Btw I didn't have this problem with rx580 just 10 days ago. I installed 5500 xt and it's here.

I tried cleaning and installing lots of different drivers started from the first driver of 2020, clean windows format, updated motherboard bios, nothing helped.

And at the same time I have one extra problem, if I enable instant replay, game starts to stutter after some time, 1 extra big frame time every 5-15 seconds. Here is the video of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDY2FZbK2TU

If I disable instant replay this goes away, but I coulnd't find any fixes for the problem that is similar to yours.

0 Likes