Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jeffreydl
Journeyman III

5700 xt faulty? Please help troubleshooting

Hi!

I have built this computer in february 2020 and have had a lot of issues with crashes in games. 

At the time I thought this was a driver issue as a lot of people were having issues, but as many months have passed since then I am still experiencing issues frequently.

As a crash is happening I get this warning in the windows event viewer:

Cause

And in the reliability monitor:

reliability monitor

The screen will go black and the pc will restart itself or get stuck until I restart it manually.

I have tried:

- Make sure BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date.

- Using the most stable drivers, using DDU to remove the old ones.

- Using the factory reset / profile reset in the radeon software when installing and using the standard profile (this turns off things like radeon boost and enhanced sync).

- Using a higher TdrDelay (8), but this has only stopped my pc from rebooting and will cause multiple crashes in a row (see screenshots above).

- Disabling hardware acceleration in applications (discord, chrome).

- Running stress tests to make sure temps are okay (GPU stays under 75 degrees)

Some games work perfectly fine, other games can randomly crash after a few hours, or after 2 minutes of playing.

I'm not really sure what else I can try? I don't have any extra PC parts to test anything. 

My setup:

and some extra fans

6 Replies
hassan313
Journeyman III

Run DOOM ethernal in 4k and see what happend i had almost same issue and I send it back to shop for change

Question - Crashing,frezing,exit without error in all game | Tom's Hardware Forum 

0 Likes

I would be talking to support for your cards maker. I think an RMA is in order. You are hardly alone with this issue. It has been rampant with Navi. 

0 Likes
satanael
Adept III

jeffreydl i had the exact same issues check this out bro RX 5000 Series Common Issues & Possible Fixes Best Of Luck

0 Likes
rainingtacco
Challenger

WHEA errors are usually hardware problem. If you tried different drivers and problem persist, RMA it.

0 Likes
jeffreydl
Journeyman III

It's been over 2 months since I posted this and I wanted to write a little update..

So I RMA'd it on the 17th of november and it has been sent back to me earlier this week.

During this time I have tried 2 different graphics cards:

- 5700xt powercolor red devil (4 weeks)

- 5700xt gigabyte RX (4 weeks)

In these 2 months I have a total of 0 crashes using these cards out of the box, no driver updates, no fixes, they just worked.

The company ran some tests an was able to reproduce my problem after running Far Cry 3 for 2 hours, after this it was sent to the repair service from Sapphire. Sapphire ran 2 1-hour benchmark tests and 1 hour of Shadow of the Tomb Raider and the system did not experience any crashes, and because of this they declared it "not broken" and shipped it back to me.

So I have used it a bit today and crashed in all 3 games I tried to play. I believe the Sapphire nitro+ uses slightly more power than the rest so that is the only problem I could think of, but it sounds like it is just broken and they didn't try hard enough to find the issue even though it took them 2 months...

Try this 

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/rx-5700-possible-fix/m-p/439507#M137558

The driver have issue not the graphics card I have 5700x 

0 Likes