Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ShakeyRed
Journeyman III

5700 XT Driver issues

Hey all,

I upgraded my PC with a Sapphire 5700 XT Nitro and at the same time a Ryzen 7 3700X cpu. Since installing I had hells trouble installing the Radeon software installer but eventually I did get it installed, installed the drivers needed and since I have had sound issues, popping and a lagging and glitching screen movement.

Everyday I would have to reinstall sound drivers until one would work, either AMD audio device or the high definition audio device. There was no clear indicator as to which one works as either would, after several restarts and driver_power_status_failure bsod's, or neither would. Yesterday and today I booted up my machine and left it for over an hour and everything was working fine when I did come to it.

Today I decided to uninstall the GPU drivers and do a fresh install and now I am back at not being able to install Adrenalin, again.

If anyone can advise on what to look for as there must be some conflict with drivers that I cannot see.

Cheers

0 Likes
1 Solution
RPX100
Miniboss

This sounds like it could be related to Windows Update being enabled,
and trying to install what it thinks to be "the best driver".

So in short (my guess):
Windows Update might be messing with your drivers before you can install the actual driver.

possible fix:
1) download Display Driver Uninstaller from guru3d
- check the settings and disable the Windows Updates (it is a checkbox in DDU)
- or you can just disconnect your LAN cable until you are done

2) now run DDU in Safe Mode (+ as Admin)
- this will uninstall all the current gpu drivers
- restart your PC

3) install the recommended GPU drivers for your card now
- restart PC again

4) now either connect your LAN cable again or uncheck the Update blocker in DDU.

You can also check Windows Reliability Monitor to see if there are any problems.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RPX100
Miniboss

This sounds like it could be related to Windows Update being enabled,
and trying to install what it thinks to be "the best driver".

So in short (my guess):
Windows Update might be messing with your drivers before you can install the actual driver.

possible fix:
1) download Display Driver Uninstaller from guru3d
- check the settings and disable the Windows Updates (it is a checkbox in DDU)
- or you can just disconnect your LAN cable until you are done

2) now run DDU in Safe Mode (+ as Admin)
- this will uninstall all the current gpu drivers
- restart your PC

3) install the recommended GPU drivers for your card now
- restart PC again

4) now either connect your LAN cable again or uncheck the Update blocker in DDU.

You can also check Windows Reliability Monitor to see if there are any problems.

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]
0 Likes

Thanks for the fix recommendation.

Unfortunately it didn't work fully, although I was able to install adrenalin and the required drivers the sound distortion is still evident on windows login and latencymon reports I am unable to use real time audio.

If I boot up my machine and leave it on the windows start up, pre login, for 20 minutes or more (I haven't narrowed down the exact time) then everything works and latencymon reports no issues with real time audio

0 Likes

OK, so an update on this issue.

After last posting and finishing my work (Lol) for the day, I went to shut down the pc and it got stuck again. After 10 minutes waiting I had to force shutdown.

When rebooting the pc, there was an update for the graphics card which I installed, rebooted and I have had no problems since.

So the fix actually did work, the only thing was it didn't take/complete on first reboot.

0 Likes