cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

aksellence
Journeyman III

5700 XT crashes when using overlays

So my desktop system will crash when running Warzone if I play the game with any of the overlays active.  The same thing will happen if I play the game without any overlays while I am recording.  One would think we should be able to do all these functions with no problem.  I don't try to do anything fancy with my machine, just trying to play Warzone at 1920x1080 at 120Hz.  I have a 120Hz capable monitor. Would like to be able to record without having the game freeze up and crash.

The only success I have had running the game consistently is tuning down the curve 1850 MHz at 1100mv and setting the power limiter to +20%.  With these setting I can play the game, but if I try to record, it will crap out after about 1.5 hour of gameplay.  If I don't record it runs ok.  I've optimized Windows in just about every recommended way.  I would think we shouldn't have to do these kinds of tweaks to Windows. 

Anyways,  I have never had problems like this with my laptop with a Geforce 1060 and could do it all, record, overlays, stream etc.

Am I doing something wrong with my desktop set up?  Do I have a crap board?

I have a Ryzen 7 3700 system, 16gb ram

5700 XT, 8gb ram

Windows 10

21.1.1 Adrenalin driver

0 Likes
1 Reply
mackbolan777
Forerunner

First, Warzone is plagued with issues like FPS drops, low FPS, frame capping, etc. So the game itself might cause this. Secondly, you might want to undervolt the GPU by going into settings, tuning, "automatic", select "undervolt GPU" (this gives you the lowest voltage by the card's BIOS). Switch back to "manual" and input that into the voltage area. Disable zero RPM if that's on. Lastly if you're still having issues install the 20.8.3 driver using DDU in safe mode first. This resolves most issues in the 5000 series cards. These newer drivers lean more towards the 6000 series cards. The 5000 series are EOL products.

1.10mv seems a little high, not out of range but more voltage tends to destabilize these cards as opposed to the old days of more juice, more clocks. Check that your VRAM isn't running too high as well, the 5000 series isn't too happy with higher VRAM clocks. 1850 on the GPU is/should be fine. 1900 should work to be honest. Use 2 power cables for the card vs. the single/dongle deal. It can help since the card can pull more than 9A (14A) under load and that's all one cable can handle.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes