cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mcoffin
Journeyman III

5700 XT causes PCIe errors + sound stutter with PCIe sound card

When I'm using my 5700 XT (reference card from AMD), I get "hardware corrected PCIe error" in Event Log, and my sound stutters when I'm using my Asus Xonar SE sound card (or any other PCIe sound card). This does not happen with my XFX RX 590 FATBOY OC+.

I'm thinking that this may be due to the PCIe 4.0 usage on the 5700 XT. So, other than basic advice (please tell), is there also a way to disable PCI Gen4 on the ASUS BIOS as a debugging step?

Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer.

System Specs:

• Motherboard: ASUS x570 GAMING-F
  • Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
  • Sound Card: ASUS Xonar SE
  • Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X @ stock settings
  • BIOS: Latest from ASUS. I forget the # but I can look it up after posting.
  • Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
  • Graphics Driver Version: 19.7.4
  • Sound Card driver: Latest from ASUS

I also have a linux install available, but unfortunately I'm still working on getting it to boot with the 5700 XT.

The sound stuttering occurs in games, and if I play a YouTube video, then both the video and the sound stutter (presumptively because it is waiting on the audio to play).

Any advice you can offer is great, as I'm an experienced programmer, and this problem is really getting on my nerves. If you need any further information, please let me know.

0 Likes
3 Replies
ajdahopl
Adept I

lot of users navi cards advice to set PCIe in BIOS to PCIe 3.0x16

0 Likes

Unfortunately, I cannot find that setting in the BIOS for my ASUS RoG Strix x570-F Gaming. If you know where to find it, that would be awesome.

It is also worth noting that under linux, I do not experience this issue with the sound card.

0 Likes

I solved BSOD problems following these steps... My pc has been bsodding for last 3 days.. but for last 24 hours ther is almost no bsod...

1. Upgrading to latest bios

2. Entering bios, disabling XMP manullay setting ram's timings for my corsair dominator  platinum 3200 , it was 16, 18 ,18, 36

3. Manualy select pci ex to gen 3.
4. Installing latest driver 19.8.2(You could DDU)
5. Disabling hardware acceleration in firefox or chrome ...
6. Uninstall msi afterburner or any other monitoring software...

After taking these steps i had not faced bsod in last 24 hours....

My findings ..
1.Atkdiag BSOD never came back after manually selecting pci ex 3 from BIOS
2. System services , cache manger BSOD never came , after disabling xmp....

Hope that helps...  Let others know if that solves the issues....

0 Likes