Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: 5700 XT Buzzing noise when browsing and scrolling

Hi Atmosphere,

CPU is on auto. The clicking is coming from the GPU I belive. That's where i hear the noise coming from and its present only when I render with the GPU. In normal using there is no noise. All fans are spinning but it's not from the fans, i have checked.

I wrote to asrock and they say that I should contact the GPU manufacturer (Asus)

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Yep, issue looks like mine - Weird crackling noise coming from RX 5700 XT on 2020 drivers 
Really annoying. But I don't hear any noise on 19.x drivers..
I think it should be related to hardware accelerated driver changes. Maybe the power changes too quickly for these components or something else.  But this was definitely not the case on 19.12.1

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please make a video recording showing the difference between the two drivers and show the installed driver on screen via Radeon Software during the recording. 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Hello All, 

the Weird crackling noise is recorded while browsing, please let me know if this is the same noise you have also.

tested a bit and found out that the noise is fixed level,  and coming only from the subwoofer of 5.1 home theater through Onkyo AVR, the AVR is connected to Radeon  XT over HDMI interface/cable. 

If I use the line out from PC instead of using HDMI/DVI interface on GPU, I don't observe the noise. so the problem is obviously caused by GPU, Radeon RX 5700.

Gigabayt Radeon Radeon RX 5700 XT,  newly updated to latest driver, software version is 20.11.2,

AMD should add this in their issue list.

https://soundcloud.com/baris-cakmak-624673140/weird-crackling-noise-coming-from-amd-radeon-rx-5700-x...

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

0 Kudos