Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hassansenpai
Adept I

5700 XT Black screen issue

Hello everyone,

I wanted to write on this forum and discuss my frustrations with this card. I got this card about two months ago (August 2020) and the amount of time it crashed on me and the anxiety i got from it is insane. I tried so many solutions on so many forums, downgraded the Adrenaline application version to the most "stable" version, undervolted my GPU, increasing the fan speeds and added a new fan to the case but it never got past 50C. I tried everything for this it because i want it to work, when it functions as it should it runs smoothly and i got very high fps with it. However, every single day since i bought this card, every single day, it crashed at least once. There hasn't been a day that went by without my PC crashing. Its crazy to think this issue is still ongoing since July 2019. This is my last resort to find a solution because i already sent it back for a refund/warranty but they told me it functions correctly, but the thing is it works fine when browsing the internet and stuff like that but it always, and I MEAN ALWAYS crashes when i start playing a game. I tried LOL, R6, Raft, Phasmophobia, Fall guys, COD MW. It always crashes mid game at least once before i have to restart and reconnect to whatever game i am playing. I don't want to complain more about this card, these are the specs of my pc:

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • model; Asus TUF 3-RX5700XT O8G Gaming Graphics Card
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 20.9.2
  • Display Devices
    • LG TV (not sure about the model) 1920x1080 @60hz using HDMI
    • AOC 24G1WG4 1920x1080 @144hz using DP 
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • model; MSI b450 Tomahawk (latest bios)
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair CX650M 650W ATX Power Supply,80 PLUS Bronze
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed; 32GB @3200MHz 

Honestly, I am not sure what else i can do to fix this issue but i am hoping for the best, please let me know if there are any solutions that worked with you. I also wanted to mention that i built my pc a year ago so its not old and its not an issue with my pc, because before i got this card i was using a ZOTAC GTX 1060 6gb and everything was working fine but when i upgraded to the RX5700 XT everything went downhill, i upgraded my RAM, Power supply and bought new fans incase it needed more power and air circulation but none of them were the cause of these crashes, please help. 

Thanks for reading.

Have a good day.

1 Solution

Hey bro,

I tried what accn‌ recommended which was updating the vbios, its been two days not a single problem! try that for now and see how it works for you!

View solution in original post

25 Replies