cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

5700 XT black screen crashes in games, on desktop, or using browser.

When are we to expect a solution from AMD to the random black and blue screen crashes the 5700 XT is causing daily on our PCs?

(Keep your suggestions of using DDU and reinstalling the drivers - obviously i have tried everything by now!)

I need a confirmation from AMD that they know the root cause, and that a proper fix is coming soon.

I will be returning my card as faulty at the end of next week if I don't get a satisfactory response from AMD before 26th of July.

I did not pay 460 EURO's to be a QA tester for your hardware while it causes me to lose data daily, AMD!

1 Solution
47 Replies

I am running the latest bios for my x570 TUF wifi. 

Bios Version: 1201 - AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.3

The issues are there and they are too often.

I did some research. I've uninstalled drivers with DDU a couple of times and did a fresh installation (version19.9.2).

I also tried 19.10.1 but the issue is still there. To be more accurate, the issue began the first time in installed 19.10.1. I kept these drivers for a couple of days and then uninstalled them with DDU due to this issue being too often. Now it occurs on 19.9.2 as well.

0 Likes
marlors
Journeyman III

Hey ! 

Same Issue here. Tried DDu couple of time too with drivers/windows updates etc...

Issue is still here. I reduced its occurence by taking off my HDMI cable for my second screen... But damn it is very annoying to play with only one screen.

Spent 450€ for this graphic card after advises from friends.

Will never go back to AMD if they don't resolve this problem. It seems it is here for 3 months now !!!

I found out, that any change to Wattman will cause instability. Maybe there are several other reasons, but I am quite sure that undervolting for example will lead to instability. Funny thing though is that I tried undervolting, I then run Ashes of the Singularity Benchmark, it didn't crash. Then I go play CS:GO, and boom... crashes on warm up.

0 Likes
cxlvinnn
Adept II

It's great isn't it! You pay £400 for a graphics card that doesn't work. Nice job AMD.

pukli
Journeyman III

I keep having Crashes in games and sometimes black screen where gpu doesnt recover without restarting the PC. 
(AMD drivers stops responding randomly while gaming (Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding))

I have tried following drivers 19.10.3, 19.9.2, 19.9.3, 19.7.5. Everything is runnning on default. Temps are under control nothing alarming, Windows 10 64bit 1903 updated, Benq xl2411P display @144hz, newest bios from asus, Native resolution, no enhanced sync, no vsr, I have run memtest, I turn of hw acceleration on discord and browser, updated chipset driver from amd, used DDU everytime, 

What to do? Should I just rma this card and buy nvidia? I though after 13 years of not buying AMD they would have achieved something but apparently nothing has changed. 

My Pc:
Asus B450-F
Ryzen 3600x
Corsair 650w Gold
Crucial 1Tb SSD 
RX 5700 XT
Kingston HyperX 16Gb 3200Mhz

0 Likes
atomdeathstroke
Journeyman III

Same issue for almost a month now.  Playing Eve Online with 2 clients running on 2560 X 1080 on both screen with windowed mode.  

XFX RX5700 (most recent driver)

AMD 2600X

ASROCK X470 Master SLI/ac (3.5 bios)

16GB DDR4 ram (2 x 8gb 2666)

800w power supply

LG widescreen monitor 1 x HDMI 1 X Display port

I don't have this issue with my rx580 and I don't have this issue with my 1050Ti

At random the game will go black screen on both monitors and sound won't cut out right away.  10 seconds later the entire computer freezes.  I have tried fresh install of everything, but it all comes down to the card.  I don't have this issue except with the RX5700.  I'm almost a month into this issue of trying to fix it but am ready to return the card and look at Nvidea. 

0 Likes
xarteer
Adept I

Same issue here for a month now, since going back to driver 19.7.5 the problem doesnt happen on any game except witcher 3 (on 1080p)

Ryzen 5 3600

Sapphire RX 5700

MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
16GB G.Skill DDR4 3200

Corsair TMX 750W

0 Likes