Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

buckfutter9001
Journeyman III

5700 XT Audio cutting out

5700 XT, 3600, X470 Hero, Win 10, 19.10.1     Pioneer Receiver Lx102  

Audio cuts out frequently and randomly when playing music or video on Winamp, chrome, MPC, etc. However, the audio stream is perfect when playing a game. I read somewhere that the clock speeds are too low on the 5700 at idle, so I ran Furmark in the background while I played music and video, and sure enough, running Furmark in the background fixed the audio.     

I tried some other fixes I saw on the internet. Tried switching to HDMI. Tried other ports. Tried turning of the audio controller in Bios. I didn't have this problem on my old Win 7, x58, i7 940, r9 Fury set up.     

Furmark is obviously not a solution.  Any ideas? I'm pretty close to returning this card. 

2 Replies
hensleewm
Adept I

What is your refresh rate set at? I have only found one solution (that worked) on a Reddit post, but have been unable to find that post again. 

I changed the refresh rate of my card from 59/60hz to initially 24hz, then to 30hz. I haven't extensively tested the 30hz, except for a 10 to 20 minute window (no issues), but I know that at 24hz the audio cutting completely disappeared. Occasional video refresh clean ups, but the audio cutting out was completely eliminated. 

There seems to be an issue with 60hz being processed for AMD Radeon cards to 4K devices. Not sure if its an HDCP mismatch or what. I also turned off HDMI Assurance on AMD Adrenaline software, which also reduced audio skips. 

I'm going to post this answer around. Hopefully AMD will clear this up.

HP 8100 Elite, I5 4th Gen, 8 GB, LG 65' OLED, Integra 4.2, Windows 10

0 Likes

Already sent it back. Skipping Navi.

0 Likes