cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

mid
Adept I

Re: 5700 XT 19.7.1 driver crashes system

I received my AMD Radeon RX 5700XT today and I am also experiencing same problem.  My PC is crashing while trying to play Fallout 4.    The first time I launched Fallout 4  I got a warning telling that my video card was not recognized and that the game was going to run on low settings and I manually changed the video setting in the game and the game launched, but the performance was terrible I believe I was getting about 5 to 10 fps. try to exit the game and  the screen went black and stay there for 5 minutes and I was forced to push and hold the power button as I couldn't get the screen to get a signal.

I tried  to launch the game again and when I clicked on play the screen went black again and this time  I got a BSOD and the error message displayed was Driver RQL Less_or_not_equal

and now every time that I attempt launch the game it crashes to the desktop.

so far I haven't had any issues with

Dead Cells

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Here are my PC system specs:

CPU: Ryzen 2700X Running at 4.0GHz

Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700XT - Latest Drivers [ according to DX diag the version is 26.20.13001.9005

SSD1 OS: Samsung Evo 970 plus / OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

SSD2  Game storage: Wester Digital Black edition 1TB

Memory: Corsair 32GB 3200Mhz

MOBO: Asus ROX STRIX X470-F Gaming  with latest BIOS

0 Likes
fan242
Adept I

i get the same error log 

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x1
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1483&SUBSYS_7B851462&REV_00
Secondary Device Name:

have you experienced crashes while the gpu is idle? 

0 Likes
mid
Adept I

Update: I fixed the issue of Fallout 4 not Launching.  I uninstalled the game and reinstalled back, but  the first time that I launched the game I got the same message when I swap my GTX 1070 with the Rx 5700XT " The video card couldn't be detected and it was going to run the game at low settings". I went into the settings of the game and changed to ultra and the game is working good so far. 

Here is another game that is working

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

0 Likes
redcisco
Adept II

I experienced the same issue, so I went into my bios and switched the PCIE 16X from GEN4 to GEN3.

My 5700XT would not work with the new X570 4.0 express bus.

Below is a link to the video where I got the idea, he did the same switch back to GEN3.

Our FIRST Ryzen 3900X / RX 5700 XT Gaming PC Build! - YouTube 

cjrosell2357
Journeyman III

Same issue. I had a GTX 780, and upgraded to a RTX 2060 last month - that I decided to return when I saw the benchmarks for the 5700XT. 

2060 ran just fine. I thought my 620w PSU might have been the issue, so I upgraded to 850w. Nothing changed. 

Clean install of drivers (boot to safe mode, use ddu), windows is updated, fast boot disabled in windows and BIOS, even put the GPU in a different PCI E slot and tested RAM... I've tried all the "tricks," and nothing is working. I did read that Windows 1903 is having issues with AMD drivers, but am unable to revert back to the last version of Windows. 

Everything works for a bit after initial clean install. If I try to run a game or benchmark, it will reset/reboot after a bit. Then it gets stuck in a reboot cycle. After first reboot, windows login works, then after desktop loads it black screens and shuts down after about 30 seconds. Rinse and repeat. The same thing will also happen if I do a restart right after driver installation (without running a game, benchmark, etc.) I have gotten some artifacts, and a green flashing screen as well. 

I am currently using on board graphics until this gets figured out (I have no choice). Will test again after new drivers. I doubt this is a hardware issue, but hopefully new drivers are released soon, so I know if I have to RMA the card for a replacement. Switched to Intel and nVidia about 6 years ago, and decided to come back to Team Red with the new 5700XT, and Ryzen processors (which I plan to update to this fall).

I want this to work so bad. Hahaha

Specs:
Windows 10 - 1903

Asus Z87a with most up to date bios (that ran new nVidia card fine...)

Intel i7 4770k

Radeon RX 5700XT

16GB RAM

Seasonic Focus 850 Gold

0 Likes
dwarrior74
Adept I

First AMD card. I also got a green screen today while playing World of Warcraft. Haven't had this thing installed 2 freakin days. Thankfully I have 2 screens, and was able to do a shutdown. Upon rebooting, things were normal again. And to think I gave away my old 970 where everything just worked.

Additionally, the Radeon software is really laggy and slow to bring up the various windows. Turning on GPU scaling blows the whole program and it crashes. Needs a reboot to fix. Didn't even install ReLive during my most recent format/reload. Just adds to the glitchiness.

This is all on a fresh install of Windows literally done today.

latest Windows

latest Adrenaline

Asus Z97-Pro bios 3503

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

yeright
Adept I

I now have a fully working system, with only minor freezes on windows startup.  Here's what may have helped in my case:

- replaced motherboard; the first one died after swapping gfx cards too often (yes I'm clumsy), so it could have just been a bad board.

- removed the manual voltage setting I'd applied to the CPU - Auto puts the voltage on 1.45 which seems high, but may be needed to drive PCI-E 4.0

- Used DDU to remove any old AMD cruft that may have been on my windows partition.

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

I've found that the new drivers 19.7.2 have fixed all my issues.

Wattman shows proper statistics all the time. Also works with Afterburner (I am using the newest beta).

I can overclock the RX 5700 XT no problem, its stable and fast.

Only thing is if it's enabled is to ensure Freesync is off as well as VSR.

Also if you have 19.7.1 installed, remove it using DDU then install 19.7.2 clean.

cjrosell2357
Journeyman III

I'll try tonight. Fingers crossed! 

0 Likes