cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yeright
Adept I

5700 XT 19.7.1 driver crashes system

When installing the driver, the screen discolours, going a green hue, and my mouse pointer stops moving.  After a few seconds, my system reboots.  Once the password screen is about to show up after reboot my machine reboots again.  
I'm stuck in a reboot loop with the 19.7.1 driver and can only get out of it by putting in an older GCN card.

Should I just RMA this card or has anyone seen this and fixed it with software?

Specs:

Windows 10 1903

Radeon 19.7.1 driver

Radeon 5700 XT card
ASUS ROG Strix-E X570 7010 BIOS
Ryzen 9 3900X

Crucial 32Gb 3200 RAM

42 Replies
tsmithco
Adept I

I have/had a similar issue.  Screen went green but a reboot corrected.  However, I am also having driver issues, because randomly once an hour the PC will freeze and reboot, when it gets back to windows, Radeon says wattman restore power settings because of a fault.  Card is default - no OC.

Win 10 

5700XT 19.7.1

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus

Ryzen 3700x

Crucial 32gb 3200 ram

it seems common, its a driver I think.  Are you using Super Virtual Resolution?

0 Likes

Nope, I'm not able to have a stable system with this card in.  Even the driver install itself crashes.

If I put my card in the second PCI-E slot it doesn't show up in device manager at all, even as an unknown device.

kpkimmel
Adept I

i don't get the hue changes but mine reboots randomly.  Has to be a driver issue. 

can you check your error logs in event viewer?  I'm getting this

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x1
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1483&SUBSYS_14531022&REV_00
Secondary Device Name:

0 Likes

i get the same error log 

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Primary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x3:0x1
Secondary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
Primary Device Name:PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_1483&SUBSYS_7B851462&REV_00
Secondary Device Name:

have you experienced crashes while the gpu is idle? 

0 Likes
yeright
Adept I

Did you guys previously have a GCN card?

0 Likes

No, i had a gtx 1060. I did DDU, reinstalled windows, its def a driver issues.  

m1adam
Adept II

am i wlcomed to the black screen club my 5700xt randomly crashes im sick and tired of this issue am unable to game at all, im unwise to have sold off my gtx 1080 for this garbage 5700xt

aleggsxu
Journeyman III

Also having this issue. I'm running a 5700, every time I install drivers my screen turns to static for a brief second and then my computer display just checks out and I have to manually reboot.

0 Likes
mid
Adept I

I received my AMD Radeon RX 5700XT today and I am also experiencing same problem.  My PC is crashing while trying to play Fallout 4.    The first time I launched Fallout 4  I got a warning telling that my video card was not recognized and that the game was going to run on low settings and I manually changed the video setting in the game and the game launched, but the performance was terrible I believe I was getting about 5 to 10 fps. try to exit the game and  the screen went black and stay there for 5 minutes and I was forced to push and hold the power button as I couldn't get the screen to get a signal.

I tried  to launch the game again and when I clicked on play the screen went black again and this time  I got a BSOD and the error message displayed was Driver RQL Less_or_not_equal

and now every time that I attempt launch the game it crashes to the desktop.

so far I haven't had any issues with

Dead Cells

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Here are my PC system specs:

CPU: Ryzen 2700X Running at 4.0GHz

Video Card: AMD Radeon RX 5700XT - Latest Drivers [ according to DX diag the version is 26.20.13001.9005

SSD1 OS: Samsung Evo 970 plus / OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)

SSD2  Game storage: Wester Digital Black edition 1TB

Memory: Corsair 32GB 3200Mhz

MOBO: Asus ROX STRIX X470-F Gaming  with latest BIOS

0 Likes

Update: I fixed the issue of Fallout 4 not Launching.  I uninstalled the game and reinstalled back, but  the first time that I launched the game I got the same message when I swap my GTX 1070 with the Rx 5700XT " The video card couldn't be detected and it was going to run the game at low settings". I went into the settings of the game and changed to ultra and the game is working good so far. 

Here is another game that is working

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

0 Likes
redcisco
Adept II

I experienced the same issue, so I went into my bios and switched the PCIE 16X from GEN4 to GEN3.

My 5700XT would not work with the new X570 4.0 express bus.

Below is a link to the video where I got the idea, he did the same switch back to GEN3.

Our FIRST Ryzen 3900X / RX 5700 XT Gaming PC Build! - YouTube 

OH MY GOD
Thank you sooo much for this !!!

I just built a new PC with Gigabyte Aorus X570 MASTER and 5700 XT, new NVME SSD and memory. 

I was pullng out my hair; first I thought the issue was SSD, memory, I tried everything, reinstalled Windows 3 times...

It's just this &*$?/*( PCIE4 that needs to be set to 3. 

Hopefully AMD or Gigabyte, not sure which, will correct this, since PCIE 4 was a reason why I bought all of this. 

Thanks again sooo much I was going to go crazy. 

If you have an X570 board pcie 4 is fine. Should only need to set to pcie 3 for the older chipsets. (470, 370)

Tim Smith

vExpert 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Veeam Vanguard 2016, 2017

VCAP-DCD, VCP, MCITP, MCSA

http://tsmith.co

0 Likes

Hi Tim,

That's what I don't get. 

It should work but it doesn't. 

In auto mode I only have a black screen at startup, but if I set it to PCIE 3 it will boot correctly will something on the screen...

Strange

0 Likes

Very strange! Works fine in 3? If not, maybe bad card

Tim Smith

vExpert 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Veeam Vanguard 2016, 2017

VCAP-DCD, VCP, MCITP, MCSA

http://tsmith.co

0 Likes

Yes it works fine in 3!

I saw that for now there's not much difference in final performance between 3 and 4. 

Would you contact Gigabyte to change the card for this? 

0 Likes
cjrosell2357
Journeyman III

Same issue. I had a GTX 780, and upgraded to a RTX 2060 last month - that I decided to return when I saw the benchmarks for the 5700XT. 

2060 ran just fine. I thought my 620w PSU might have been the issue, so I upgraded to 850w. Nothing changed. 

Clean install of drivers (boot to safe mode, use ddu), windows is updated, fast boot disabled in windows and BIOS, even put the GPU in a different PCI E slot and tested RAM... I've tried all the "tricks," and nothing is working. I did read that Windows 1903 is having issues with AMD drivers, but am unable to revert back to the last version of Windows. 

Everything works for a bit after initial clean install. If I try to run a game or benchmark, it will reset/reboot after a bit. Then it gets stuck in a reboot cycle. After first reboot, windows login works, then after desktop loads it black screens and shuts down after about 30 seconds. Rinse and repeat. The same thing will also happen if I do a restart right after driver installation (without running a game, benchmark, etc.) I have gotten some artifacts, and a green flashing screen as well. 

I am currently using on board graphics until this gets figured out (I have no choice). Will test again after new drivers. I doubt this is a hardware issue, but hopefully new drivers are released soon, so I know if I have to RMA the card for a replacement. Switched to Intel and nVidia about 6 years ago, and decided to come back to Team Red with the new 5700XT, and Ryzen processors (which I plan to update to this fall).

I want this to work so bad. Hahaha

Specs:
Windows 10 - 1903

Asus Z87a with most up to date bios (that ran new nVidia card fine...)

Intel i7 4770k

Radeon RX 5700XT

16GB RAM

Seasonic Focus 850 Gold

0 Likes
dwarrior74
Adept I

First AMD card. I also got a green screen today while playing World of Warcraft. Haven't had this thing installed 2 freakin days. Thankfully I have 2 screens, and was able to do a shutdown. Upon rebooting, things were normal again. And to think I gave away my old 970 where everything just worked.

Additionally, the Radeon software is really laggy and slow to bring up the various windows. Turning on GPU scaling blows the whole program and it crashes. Needs a reboot to fix. Didn't even install ReLive during my most recent format/reload. Just adds to the glitchiness.

This is all on a fresh install of Windows literally done today.

latest Windows

latest Adrenaline

Asus Z97-Pro bios 3503

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

yeright
Adept I

I now have a fully working system, with only minor freezes on windows startup.  Here's what may have helped in my case:

- replaced motherboard; the first one died after swapping gfx cards too often (yes I'm clumsy), so it could have just been a bad board.

- removed the manual voltage setting I'd applied to the CPU - Auto puts the voltage on 1.45 which seems high, but may be needed to drive PCI-E 4.0

- Used DDU to remove any old AMD cruft that may have been on my windows partition.

0 Likes

UPDATE: 19.7.1 failed me with a purple hue boot, which was functional, then a green hue after reboot tonight.  Installed 19.7.2 after that.  Fingers crossed for no more nonsense.  Feeling like AMD rushed the 5700 cards, for no reason I can fathom.

0 Likes

OK, 19.7.2 froze me on cold boot this morning, but no discolouration.

0 Likes

Was able to play WOW and Fallout with no shut downs, restarts, black screens or other issues for 2+ hours this afternoon on very high/ultra settings with 100 -115 FPS in 1440p.

Everything is running more stable on 19.7.2 with new settings.

Also, I was able to do the Overlay and Undervolt without any black-outs.

Max temp during high usage peak 80c and average was at 74c gaming.

Here are my settings:

Wattman - 1119mv - 2026mHz

Fan curve - 18% at 50c, 26% at 70c, 32% at 80c a little loud but very reasonable considering my tower is on the desk right next to me.

Power limit (-2)

Overlay active during gaming!

- FPS, VRAM, GPU engine clock, GPU memory clock set to "off",  all other settings "on".

FreeSync -off

VSR - off

GPU scaling - off

HDMI link assurance - off

Radeon image sharpening - off

PCIE X16 set to GEN3 instead of GEN4 in Asrock Bios

Well so far, so good, but i will post if my luck changes.

0 Likes
osirismelb
Adept III

I've found that the new drivers 19.7.2 have fixed all my issues.

Wattman shows proper statistics all the time. Also works with Afterburner (I am using the newest beta).

I can overclock the RX 5700 XT no problem, its stable and fast.

Only thing is if it's enabled is to ensure Freesync is off as well as VSR.

Also if you have 19.7.1 installed, remove it using DDU then install 19.7.2 clean.

I'll try tonight. Fingers crossed! 

0 Likes
cjrosell2357
Journeyman III

Updated to 19.7.2

No changes. Still crashing...

0 Likes
fart
Journeyman III

I installed only graphic card driver and now it works fine. No crashes after 5 hours gaming session.

And before installing ofcourse, clean old install with ddu on safemode

0 Likes
yeright
Adept I

I can game just fine it seems, but now I can't see any video on youtube or VLC... ffs AMD

0 Likes
recko
Adept I

This is not an AMD driver issue!

I have found a solution to this problem:

I was getting static screens and crashing with restarts, fuzzy and slow video streaming and games would crash randomly even after 19.7.2 Radeon driver update.

For me and maybe others: If using an x470 motherboard with 5700 or 5700xt check your motherboard bios.

I have an X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI (rev 1.1) and the bios had PCIe slot configuration set to Auto. When i went on it,

it showed [Auto] [Gen 1] [Gen 2] [Gen 3] [Gen 4]   AMD has already said Gen 4 on X370 and X470 can be unstable and thats why they are not  implementing it. I changed this setting from Auto to Gen 3 and my pc runs like a dream now.

Conclusion: The bios on Auto setting must try and use PCIe Gen 4 since thats what the Graphics Cards are.

(i have messaged Gigabyte about this so they can either remove Gen 4 from the bios in an update or make Gen 3 the default setting for X370 an X470 boards)

Hopes this resolves some of your guys problems

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH !!!

I created an account just to say so.

I just built a new PC with Gigabyte Aorus X570 MASTER and 5700 XT, new NVME SSD and memory. 

I was pulling out my hair; first I thought the issue was SSD, memory, I tried everything, reinstalled Windows 3 times...

It's just this &*$?/*( PCIE4 that needs to be set to 3. 

Isn't the card supposed to be PCIE 4.0 ?

Well thanks anyway because I was about to smash my new 5700 XT + AORUS X570 + 3700X... Which would have been costly. I owe you a beer! 

0 Likes

Hey, I may be a little dumb, but I'm having a similar issue with an ASUS TUF gaming x570 board. I've hopped into the bios several times, but I can't seemingy find any settings to change anything about my PCIE settings.

0 Likes

Look closely because for me it was hidden quite far. It will be different between Gigabyte and Asus, but if it helps...

Needed to change to advanced mode, then in the settings menu, miscellaneous, PCIe Slot Configuration, change from auto to Gen 3. 

Thanks, I'm struggling to find it. I've combed my advanced settings but it looks like it's just not there as far as I can see.

0 Likes
shines
Journeyman III

I'm having a similar problem on 19.7.2. Rarely I'll get a completely green screen with no mouse pointer, and have to do a manual boot. Thankfully the reboot works. However, I've got an x570 motherboard and no PCIe setting options for it, and no idea how to revise this problem.

0 Likes
recko
Adept I

Glad the solution worked for some of you, I have also discovered that installing the Gigabyte App centre also crashes the computer, this could be due to new tech that its not fully compatible with yet. If you dont own a Gigabyte board try not installing any monitoring software etc from the manufactars to see if that helps: Gigabyte App centre, Asus AI Suite etc...

0 Likes
yeright
Adept I

So I tried the 19.7.3 driver to see if it could improve stability.  

The new driver wouldn't even let me load GTA V, so reverted to 19.7.2

My ASUS bios has no option to revert to gen 3 PCI-E. (I hope they change this with an update)

0 Likes
rgkd
Journeyman III

which driver for X570 do you use? and what's the motherboard bios ???

0 Likes