cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cheerio
Journeyman III

5700 can't change resolution in games from 4k.

Since updating drivers to the 20.11.2 version (I was sitting on the 2019 drivers up until now) I can't change resolution in games from 4k to anything else. That part of UI is either greyed out, or there is only 1 option there: 4k.

That being said, I can't change my desktop resolution either (see screenshot). Any advice?

Capture44.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

Maybe something has corrupted in your driver install I would clean out the old stuff and start fresh.

Have the driver downloaded from AMD

Download and run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com from safe mode with Internet unplugged or wifi off. 

Restart with Internet still disconnected.

Install the AMD driver but don't pick express install. Choose the"Factory Reset" option.

See if that helps.

Good Luck!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Maybe something has corrupted in your driver install I would clean out the old stuff and start fresh.

Have the driver downloaded from AMD

Download and run DDU from wagnardsoft dot com from safe mode with Internet unplugged or wifi off. 

Restart with Internet still disconnected.

Install the AMD driver but don't pick express install. Choose the"Factory Reset" option.

See if that helps.

Good Luck!

0 Likes

the reinstall worked. I thought there is some new setting I am missing in the new drivers, but apparently the problem is more straightforward. Thanks.

sailorx
Adept II

Did you click "advance displays setting" then "Display adapter properties for display"  Then "List All Modes".  This may help you.

0 Likes