Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sync6665
Journeyman III

5600xt stutter in every game

Hi,
I am having constant problems with microstutter in my games. It happens in every game I play. I'm at a loss now as I don't know what else to do!
So far I've tried:
- Replacing PSU
- No errors from Memory Diagnostics Test
- Switched between XMP (3200) and 2400 speeds on RAM, no difference.
- No difference when I switch between VSync and Radeon Enhanced Sync, or when I switch it off altogether.
- No difference when I turn off freesync.
- My motherboard bios is up to date.
- My Vbios is up to date and my GPU is running at 14000 mhz as oppose to 12.
- Done a clean reinstall of Windows on my SSD (previously on an NVMe SSD), but no difference.
- Replaced CPU cooler (previously had 70+ temps), but no difference.
- Windows Game Mode is off and I'm running on high performance power mode.
- No difference when I switch between resolutions (native is 4k).
- Tried limitting FPS at 60, but still get stutter.
- My Radeon Gaming software is up to date, and I had the same problem when I reverted to an old version.
- Stutter does not happen when I switch my 5600xt for my old Vega 56.

My Specs:
- Radeon™ RX 5600 XT GAMING OC 6G
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- HyperX Fury 16gb (2 x 8gb) 3200 DDR4 RAM
- ASrock B450m Pro4 ATX Motherboard
- BeQuiet System Power 9 600W PSU

When playing Call of Duty WWII:

My HWMonitor stats:

Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
12 Replies
mohamed5294
Adept II

I have same problems , I will not buy any amd components again

karpizzy
Journeyman III

did anyone know how to solve this problem?
pastedImage_1.png
0 Likes
bluegoon
Adept I

Same card, worst GPU I've ever owned.  I miss my 1050

assiduous
Adept III

Stutter is very annoying - it's presence suggests Freesync may not be working.

I offer the following troubleshooting suggestions...

How many monitors? - test with one monitor What is the native refresh rate? Have you tried switching input ports? bad video cable unlikely but you eliminate by trying a spare video cable.

Have you tried DDU and clean driver install?

Check for & kill all possible background programs interacting with the GPU.

Ensure all frame rate limiting is disabled - Afterburner, Radeon Chill, etc...

Disable freesync and test the following...

Run a game with VSYNC ON such that the FPS is locked at the monitor refresh rate and GPU utilisation is consistently below 100% eg ~ 80-90%. Are you still getting microstutter?

0 Likes
andrem2020
Journeyman III

I'm so frustrated about this card. I dont have any blackscreen or crash in games yet, but i'm facing random stuttering and micro stuttering too. Hope they fix this, i've literally tried eveything.

chester1
Journeyman III

This cpu in no way can compete with Intel plain and simple/I tryed to buy to no avail.Look at my socres compared to theres u begin to ralise they sell nothing but a ghost thet will not outperfom a 9600k/Look at the f----n price all the hakes are selling it for and compate a decnent intel mobo with that.I gat desent numbers with my a320 and with ab550.Dont folled by there bull**bleep**.They cant even supply a 3300x.Plain and simple if you want a good deal go with intel this round/AMD seems to fubling in the us at the timw of this wrighting.https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/824486/AMD-Ryzen-3-3200G-with-Radeon-Vega-Graphics.Chek anyway u can this cpu is not worth the 3rd gen it is and if u relly want 5 fps more go intel.They have no supplied or inted to supple your cpu .These are totally my own experience? AMD your great but your waiting for more money BYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE.

0 Likes

@chester1 wrote:

This cpu in no way can compete with Intel plain and simple/I tryed to buy to no avail.Look at my socres compared to theres u begin to ralise they sell nothing but a ghost thet will not outperfom a 9600k/Look at the f----n price all the hakes are selling it for and compate a decnent intel mobo with that.I gat desent numbers with my a320 and with ab550.Dont folled by there bull**bleep**.They cant even supply a 3300x.Plain and simple if you want a good deal go with intel this round/AMD seems to fubling in the us at the timw of this wrighting.https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/824486/AMD-Ryzen-3-3200G-with-Radeon-Vega-Graphics.Chek anyway u can this cpu is not worth the 3rd gen it is and if u relly want 5 fps more go intel.They have no supplied or inted to supple your cpu .These are totally my own experience? AMD your great but your waiting for more money BYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE.

So... my dude, I don't know why you are so upset about CPU supply on 3 month old thread about a low end GPU but it may be a good idea to take a breath. As it sits the silicon provider for AMD also produces all of the apple silicon for the new iphones/ipads/macs. During this global pandemic there are massive launches happening simultaneously for all consoles, a majority of mobile devices, 4 enthusiast level cpus, and 3 enthusiast graphics cards. At the center of all this is TSMC, sorry it is tough for you to buy a 5600x cpu. I am personally having trouble tracking down a 5900x for my new build. Now to the meat of your "argument"... Are you trying to compare a 3200g with an i5 9600k? Those are two different classes of product my dude. Also userbenchmark is utterly useless and provides no real information outside of arbitrary numbers being thrown around. Sorry you are having trouble with the combination of unprecedented demand, supply line shortages, and opportunistic resellers but this too shall pass my friend. 

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Why don't you close unnecessary apps running in the background? Your RAM usage percentage is too high, isn't it?

0 Likes

I have 32gb of ram. this is not the issue. COD Cold War zombies... i can run a game at 100fps. game ends... start a new game... 100fps... but every 15 seconds it drops to 60 fps. ~I have the counter in the corner.  

This happens standing still... moving around... doesn't matter. 

The only solution is too shut the game down after ever single match making streaming impossible. 

0 Likes
snow_wolven7
Adept I

Hi. I have the same problem here. Lot of microstuttering on every game i play. This is my first gaming pc and im very dissapointed with amd graphics cards, i cant fix this since may 2020, i have tried a lot of things but no results. Specs: 

Ryzen7 2700x

Sapphire 5600xt

2x8 2666mhz ram

b450 pro wifi aorus

700 bronze psu gigabyte

ssd wd blue 1 tb for windows and games

No fix for this, no matter what version of driver i use. Lot of microstutter on my favorite games (Witcher3, Newest Resident evils, and for multiplayer Dead by Daylight) i hope i can buy another card soon from the green team

0 Likes

Same problem here , thought was my Ryzen 5600x , I have a 5600xt sapphire... never again amd GPU .... I'm saving for a 3060ti

0 Likes

S

0 Likes