cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

nduk5
Newcomer

5600XT start up problems

So after recently installing my 5600xt on a clean windows install, almost every time i turn my PC on, immediately after the bios screen it freezes to a black screen, then after turning it off and trying it for a second time, it will freeze at the windows login screen. Finally after a 3rd time of powering it up it will start up and work normally and won't freeze at all, i can play a game for 3 hours and it won't freeze, it seems to be ONLY while starting up. My previous graphics card was a 1050ti and i have used DDU to remove all NVIDIA drivers, does anyone have any ideas?
My motherboard: B350M PRO VDH
CPU: Ryzen 1600x

0 Likes
8 Replies
christiang
Adept III

Welcome to the "wonderful" world of AMD.
0 Likes
dual
Journeyman III

Same problem here.

Only during boot. I noticed that if I restart the pc after the problem occurs, it doesn't happen anymore.

In my case, windows break in load if I spend some time (a few hours) with the pc turned off. I even thought it could be a capacitor or solder problem on my board. But I noticed that several people have the same problem.

I have already tested the driver 20.5.1 and 20.4.2. At the moment my BIOS is with version F2. I'm using an ASUS x570 TUF motherboard with a Ryzer 3800X and CORSAIR memories.

I still don't have a solution.

I am currently testing with a 60Hz monitor via HDMI cable to rule out problems on my 75Hz monitor that was using DP.

0 Likes

after updating my vBIOS to F3 version, it seems to have fixed the problem finally, will update.

0 Likes
abrazive
Journeyman III

Got the same problem here. the only way to boot the computer is to stand still in the bios for 5 minutes. My card is out for RMA, but in the meantime, new vBios we're made available for my card and it seems to fix this issues from what i've read

0 Likes

Which particular card do you have? I'm sure it's a software thing in my case because I had my pc running without any driver software for about 3 days now and it hasn't happened once, but as soon as I install the Radeon software, it starts happening.

Where can I check my video card BIOS version?

0 Likes
dual
Journeyman III

You are using a driver for 5600XT without Radeon software? how? Where you get the driver? 

0 Likes
dual
Journeyman III

Use GPU-Z.

0 Likes