Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

pimboril
Adept I
Adept I

Re: 5600xt crashes 20.2.2 has possibly made it worse

tryin this right now.... give me luck! 

I cant believe how much it takes to officially fixing this issues.... they are making some Systems obsolete.... (like me , i cant even work)

0 Kudos
ati08
Adept I
Adept I

Kethos did you fix the issues with your card ???I have also purchased the same card and am having the same issues like you mentioned. You mentioned games freezing, black screens, speaker buzz etc have you also seen some static as well?? some times when the games crash i see some static ( black white green and magenta pixels not artifacting like a black screen followed by some static ) .I though  maybe the FA 0 bios was unstable but no the games crash wehn i flashed the original bios the card came with as well . Can you believe this it's been months since AMD launched the Navi series cards and I was so excited and even now they cant even get the drivers right forget about the 5600xt owners having problems people who bought the 5700 and the 5700xt also have problems even now . I dont think even the 20.2.2 drivers have solved a lot of problems . I had a r9 270x and then bought a rx 570 which died in october last year I was using the old r9 270x as a place holder gpu but now i am seriously considering taking out my old rx 570 and reinstalling the drivers as well as It was also giving me black screen flashes . Many polaris card owners people who bought it cheap a few months ago  have also posted complaints about screen flashing. I swear if AMD keeps this up this will be the last time I buy any more amd gpus .

Let's hope for the best. My specs are : CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ stock

RAM: Hyper x 8gb 2400 mhz single channel

MOBO: Gigabyte AB 350 gaming 3

PSU:Corsair VS 650

0 Kudos
xirombinha
Adept III
Adept III

Same here! Same card, same issues hahaha.

Any update? I decided to flash back to the F2 bios and it's working fine.. but you know... sad about not being able to take the most from the card :\

0 Kudos
soulgrip
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Having the exact same issue. 

Bought the gigabyte rx 5600 xt when I had an old i5-4xxx CPU and a 520w PSU. 

Flashed the FA0 bios and instantly started getting green screen and restarts. Flashed back to F2 and didn't have any issues. 

As I thought this was caused by my PSU I decided to upgrade my setup. 

Now I have: 

ASUS ROG strix B450-f motherboard. 

AMD ryzen 9 3900x CPU

16GB Corsair vengeance 2666mhz ram. 

Corsair RM750x Gold plus PSU.

Decided to try and upgrade to FA0 bios again but still facing the exact same issue. 

F2 bios works though, but really want the extra performance. 

Very disappointed. 

xirombinha
Adept III
Adept III

There are some people currently running it fine flashed to the FA0 but they seem to have done some tweakings... like undervolting gpu

0 Kudos
mustanito
Adept II
Adept II

• I have the same card, and I had a lot of problems since I updated the bios. After many gigabyte emails, I have been told that not all cards can be upgraded from bios. Which they do not say anywhere or on their website. Only those that have just left manufacturing are upgradeable. They are low specs of the 5600 xt. Great gigabyte scam for not being clear.
hipic
Adept I
Adept I

I had the same issue, and I'm happy you got to the bottom of it.

I contacted support, and they're beyond unhelpful! The only thing they said is that I flashed the wrong BIOS, which was very confusing since there's only one BIOS that increases clocks, the FA0. I asked many times which bios I should've flashed, and the only reply I got was 'flashing the wrong bios may cause problems, please proceed with an RMA.'  To make matters worse, I bought my graphics cards while I was in the US, and with the COVID debacle, I'm stuck in Europe. Even after explaining my situation, Gigabyte refuses to honor the warranty in the first two years because "the RMA has to go through the seller". Oh, and they also "cannot provide the original BIOS" which would solve the issue!

I'm stuck with a $300 paperweight. I'm jaded from trying to reason with gigabyte support, I gave up... But at least now I know it was not my screw up. One thing is for sure, I won't be buying gigabyte again.

Sorry for the long rant but I think this may be relevant for people considering buying Gigabyte in the future.

mustanito
Adept II
Adept II

• In my case it was solved by installing F2. It is stable but without the extra gain in performance. It seems they want to get rid of it at any cost. Too bad Gigabyte.
  • I hope it helps. If not here you can download the factory bios. VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp 
0 Kudos
miklon
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Current Set Up:
GPU: AMD Sapphire Pulse 5600xt 6GB OC 
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core 3.6GHz (not OC)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit 
MOBO: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AM4
Current GPU Driver Version: 20.4.2

I have the same issue with the crashing description "screen goes black, speakers buzz and then after about 2 seconds my pc restarts itself". So far it only happened twice to me when i played Modern Warfare Warzone, but its sad because my computer is less than a month old, considering the graphics card exceeds the hardware recommendations for Warzone.

I notice that there is a new GPU driver update: 20.5.1, which was released 2020-05-29 (two days ago) that fixes in game crashes for some games. However, the release note mentions that "Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround." and "Some users may still experience black screen or system hang issues during extended periods of gameplay. AMD will continue to monitor and investigate reports of these issues closely." as a known issues.

AMD team lets get those hardware and firmware devs working to resolve this issue! #5600xt #Crash 

I'm going to turn on the setting that allows me to share crashes with the AMD dev team.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
djinno666
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the very same setup as yours except for the mobo as I am using Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite. 

I've been having the same issues too and it is endless. I've been stuck to this VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (failed amdkmdag.sys). I tried several fixes already and still stuck. It happens randomly and not even gaming. I've tried the latest AMD drivers same thing. 

I hope they find a way to fix this. I so frustrated already.