cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

seeka
Journeyman III

5600 xt fans not spinning?

i just got my new 5600 xt video card and i tried playing overwatch and twice now ive just had my entire computer shut off out of nowhere. im too worried to risk running the game again to see if the fans start spinning at all because i dont want to cause more damage if its getting too hot. i checked the gpu temperature as i was looking for answers on chrome, and it was at about 50 degrees celsius so im assuming the fans should come on when im playing a game. can anyone help?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ciacho132066
Adept II

Try changing the power supply to the card through the power supply cable. It may be better if you update the driver via device manager by uninstalling what you have and updating the new one

0 Likes
djwvdm
Journeyman III

Hi, do you have any update on the outcome?
I also noticed the behavior of fans not spinning on my 5600 xt which was very strange to me.
From what I could gather online etc. is that there is this 0 RPM mode aimed at making the cards run more silent.
Fans will only initiate once the card reaches a certain temp, there are some settings in the  Adrenalin software where you can switch off this 0 RPM feature and set your own fan curve settings etc.