cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

sendesu
Adept I

5500 xt Black screen during driver install

Hey guys. Pretty frustrated. Breaking down and asking for help.

Upgraded my pc about 3 months ago. 

Specs.

CPU - Intel 10500

Mobo- Msi z490 pro

ram- Hyper X Preadator DDR4 (16 gb)

GPU- MSI 5500 xt

PSU- 700w evga bronze

SSD- WD NVME 500gb

Upon first building the pc, and installing drivers everything seemed to work well enough. I was using an old SATA SSD at the time. After upgrading to the new NVME SSD with a fresh install of windows 10 pro. I got a black screen during the driver installation. Assuming I had made some mistake, and knocked something loose I took everything apart, and put it back together with the old ssd. Again fresh install of windows... and black screen. 

I figured out that I could run the pc off of the IGPU on the cpu and just left the driver installed for a while and ran my monitor off the onboard graphics. 

Yesterday I decided to take a crack at it again assuming that it was most likely a driver issue that would be resolved in coming updates.

Ive been at it since.

I reinstalled the NVME SSD. Fresh copy of windows again. Tried 3 different drivers. Uninstalling and cleaning up behind them with DDU. (Suggested by another post on here, and a youtube video I saw.) 

Im still getting the blackscreen during install. 

Ive attempted to pause windows updates. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
sendesu
Adept I

Attempted using AMD cleanup tool, and then used the auto detect and install after reboot. Cleanup tool completed successfully, but same result. Selected minimal install just to try something different.

0 Likes
sendesu
Adept I

Attempted latest driver install after DDU cleanup and disconnecting internet completely before install Still no dice.

0 Likes