cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

gabrioth
Journeyman III

3840X2160@60Hz crashes driver (RX 6700 XT)

Whenever I have my Dell P2715Q connected to my RX 6700 XT via displayport or mini displayport, runnning 3840X2160@60Hz, I experience frequent, intermittent crashes of the drivers/software.
Between the adrenalin software telling me it detected an issue and entered into safe mode, and outright crashes with graphical artifacts, frozen windows UI and/or bluescreens.

The crashes happen with just the windows 10 desktop and a few applications running, like google chrome and a few background apps. No games whatsoever.
GPU-temp is at approximately 40-45 centigrades at the time.

I have tried the following drivers, cleaning with DDU before each installation:
Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.3.1
Adrenalin 21.8.2 Recommended
Adrenalin 21.9.1 Optional

When I connect the monitor via HDMI, forcing it to 3840X2160@30Hz (due to HDMI1.4 interface in the monitor), it works a bit better. A lot less crashes, but still some.
When I connect my Dell U3417W via DP, mini-DP or HDMI, running at 3440X1440@60Hz, it works.
When I use any of these monitors, connected with any type of interface to my old nVidia GTX 1080, it works.

I have checked the power cables connected to the GPU - they are firmly connected.
I have tested stressing the card at other resolutions/refresh rates - It works very well. Games run smoothly and the temps keep below a healthy 60 centigrades.

How can I get the 3840X2160@60Hz via DP to work with my RX 6700 XT?

0 Likes
1 Solution
gabrioth
Journeyman III

Finally solved the problem by selling the graphics card and bought an RTX 3070 instead.

Computer now properly wakes up from sleep.
No driver crashes.
3840X2160 works perfectly.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
gabrioth
Journeyman III

Finally solved the problem by selling the graphics card and bought an RTX 3070 instead.

Computer now properly wakes up from sleep.
No driver crashes.
3840X2160 works perfectly.

0 Likes

Wow must be some sort of bug in the driver due to it being a little bit different scaling? Wow seems like a very common resolution for someone to want to run. I hope that one gets fixed before I go to a larger display.

0 Likes